Forums
It is currently Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Zealand / Aussie Workers 11/12
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:28 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Hi

We are a New Zealand couple looking at getting work at mammoth for the 11/12 season. Just wanting to know if there are any other kiwis/Aussies out there that have worked at mammoth before. We have done seasonal work before in Colorado but wish to make a change this year.

if there is anyone out there in the same situation and want to share some advice/tips drop me a line.

Peace.

Post subject: Re: New Zealand / Aussie Workers 11/12
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 pm 
Climax
Climax

If you go to the employment link on this site, there is a section for internationals. Mammoth is a resort town, so many of the people here work seasonal jobs that it should not be different for you to acclimate. I have been to both NZ and Melborne and I just loved it. I was in Wanaka and then a little town outside of Melbourne and of course, Phillips Is. Good luck, go to the international site. Another option is to call the ski school and talk to Sandy or Findlay. Findlay is from Scotland. MO

... You have to have a real love of your sport to carry you through all the bad times, you still want to ski even when things aren't working. You must have a commitment to work hard and to never give up. - Nancy Greene

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

so, i'm Australian and lived here going on 10 months.. i've worked both winter and summer now, and i think Mammoth is great all year round.

I found my job online before i moved out here. Just look on the websites, plenty of jobs going for sure. For housing, i moved into employee housing then looked for my own place as soon as i got here. I'd say do that, best way to go about it :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Thanks heaps for the info and advice.

Will see how we get on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

Hey,
I'm a kiwi coming up in December for the season as well. I've landed a job in rentals so will be in the staff accom to start with I think.

Cheers,
Brad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:22 am 
Broadway
Broadway

Hi,
I am from the UK and have been looking at ways to work at Mammoth for a while now. How have you guys managed this? Are the visas different for oz? I would need a H2B visa to work but the process to get one is crazy! Any help/advice would be great.
thanks.