Forums
It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's up in June?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:45 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

it still doesn't make any sense. they should just talk to the guy that owns the lake to get some water. they blow the snow and it just goes back to the lake anyways when it melts so there really is no water used at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Sounds like you have bought into the Bear Mt. marketing BS. No water loss? even through you have evaporation, soil absorption and wind blow? Not to mention the energy usage and expense of pumping water uphill. It would be way better for them if they could find local wells.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:27 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Skien wrote:
Sounds like you have bought into the Bear Mt. marketing BS. No water loss? even through you have evaporation, soil absorption and wind blow? Not to mention the energy usage and expense of pumping water uphill. It would be way better for them if they could find local wells.

I understood that June's snowmaking water comes from the pond up the hill east of J3. Pumping it up from the lakes in the down Loop would be economically ill-advised.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:53 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

rphenry wrote:
Skien wrote:

I understood that June's snowmaking water comes from the pond up the hill east of J3. Pumping it up from the lakes in the down Loop would be economically ill-advised.

the mountain doesn't make any money anyways so they should just do so it doesn't close again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

^^Is this person what you call a troll? Seems to me that he/she is just trolling for a response and isn't very informed at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:59 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

It's great that Ed Roski, Tim Alpers and Rusty Gregory are working to improve the ski hill, the Rodeo Grounds, Down Canyon and the Village. I hope the community will work with them and not make anything difficult.

http://monocounty.ca.gov/sites/default/ ... .07.14.pdf

Hopefully June will get a bunch of snow and they can get the whole place opened. I'll be back and forth this winter and want to get some time on my favorite runs at June.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:06 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

This week's Sheet:

June Mountain turns a page

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:43 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

I remember sitting in a meeting before June reopened and Rusty promised a replacement for J1 by the 2016-2017 season. I really wanted to believe that and so many residents of June just didn't buy it at all.

From what Dallas was saying at the CAC meeting it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon.

"Another question: Does the current Chair 1 provide the service capacity needed for the ski area?

“No. But at what service level do we think Chair 1 is not good enough? President’s weekend it isn’t good enough. But we have the same situation over at Mammoth,” Dallas said. “We don’t build ski resorts for Sundays, so to speak.”

Dallas affirmed several times throughout the meeting that Chair 1 needs to be a gondola, although he admitted there is still internal debate on the issue.

Williams also chimed in. “We know there are some people who just won’t ride Chair 1. But I don’t think the lift alone is going to solve the issue,” he said. “At the end of the day, it’s about the snow.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:58 am 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Where is the grooming report hiding on the new site? I'm having a hard time figuring out what is actually open now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:02 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

The only thing they post is what chairs are spinning...

Happy carving nekdut... Gunsmoke should be nice...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:51 am 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Is Gunsmoke even open? Roughly which runs are in decent shape now?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Today's email June Mountain Snow Report:

Quote:
Perfect Conditions for the Long Weekend

Are you ready for this?! Over the past week June Mountain received 7'' of new snow on Saturday, another 4'' on Monday, chairs 4 & 6 have reopened and conditions are the best they have been all season. We can't even begin to tell you how excited we are to share the long holiday weekend with you and your family! Even the weather is forecast is pristine with warm temps and lots of sunshine. Have you purchased everything you need for your trip yet? Tickets and Rentals are available online, give us a call at 888.JuneMtn to book Lessons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Any firsthand reports from June? Coming up this weekend and thinking of heading to June for a day to avoid the MM crowds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:47 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Yes, calisnow went there this past Tuesday and posted this on Facebook, which I in turn posted in the Real Condition Reports 14-15 thread for him.

Quote:
A buddy talked me into going to June today and I'm glad I did. The conditions were fantastic - don't ask me why. Untouched powder, solid coverage, silky groomers - and of course no people. Huge improvement over the Mammoth ice rink.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Can you ski/ride June top to bottom right now, or is a download of chair 1 currently required?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next