Forums
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

Uploading's begun and we luv da mosaic at MidChalet! Will your Ikon Pass have the ShiftyRider photo?
Of course!  29%  [ 2 ]
I would if I thought I could get away with it  29%  [ 2 ]
I hate ShiftyRider  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Re: I.K.O.N.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:08 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

I am looking at the 899 version of the IKON Pass. It will fit my Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and Mammoth needs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:45 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Seems to me the big loser in this new pass is the town of Mammoth Lakes, as the pass seems sure to to take MM riders away from ML to other destinations.

Why do the Squaw riders get unlimited access there, although blackout dates do apply, on the cheaper pass while MM riders would only get 5 days access MM. I'm guessing Squaw/Alpine has way less season pass holders than MM. Anyone know? How does this make sense?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

As was brought up by someone earlier, Squaw/Alpine is competing with tbe Epic Pass so the $599 price should pull customers. There is no competion near Mammoth so they push the $899 price. Sounds logical to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Now I get it. Mammoth is like my internet service. Just one viable option at my address and I pay what they demand. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:30 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Exactly!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 am 
Broadway
Broadway

Mammoth Local here, yes it’s a bit more expensive but lots of days at other great places, no TBID, no more Black Passers, hopefully less people buying the IKON, I get 70+ days in and my goal other than my pass is to spend zero $$$ on the hill, I’m 60 and retired and don’t think I’m entitled to a deal. Hopefully selling my Mammoth house and leaving CA anyways...this is the most corrupt $$$ wasting place I’ve ever seen! Just sayin’

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:57 am 
Rodger's Ridge

I sent an email to IKON last night about my concerns and actually received a somewhat personalized reply this morning. Maybe there will be another local mountain(s) pass in the offering? Hard to tell by their cryptic reply. Thanks for your prompt response IKON rep.

Quote:
Hello 'Sierra Lady',

Thank you for contacting us in regards to our new Ikon Pass products. We appreciate your feedback and your perspective as a long-time Mammoth resident and pass holder.

We are very aware of this new product potentially impacting loyal guests' experiences. Additional details about the Ikon Pass products will continue to be announced.

We encourage you to follow us on social media and sign up for emails at ikonpass.com. We hope you will continue to be able to enjoy your favorite mountains as well as the additional benefits the Ikon Pass products have to offer.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us regarding your concerns. I hope you have a nice day!
Mahalo,

Amber
Ikon Pass Support
Alterra Mountain Company
Info@IkonPass.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Sierra Lady wrote:
I sent an email to IKON last night about my concerns and actually received a somewhat personalized reply this morning. Maybe there will be another local mountain(s) pass in the offering? Hard to tell by their cryptic reply. Thanks for your prompt response IKON rep.

Quote:
Hello 'Sierra Lady',

Thank you for contacting us in regards to our new Ikon Pass products. We appreciate your feedback and your perspective as a long-time Mammoth resident and pass holder.

We are very aware of this new product potentially impacting loyal guests' experiences. Additional details about the Ikon Pass products will continue to be announced.

We encourage you to follow us on social media and sign up for emails at ikonpass.com. We hope you will continue to be able to enjoy your favorite mountains as well as the additional benefits the Ikon Pass products have to offer.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us regarding your concerns. I hope you have a nice day!
Mahalo,

Amber
Ikon Pass Support
Alterra Mountain Company
Info@IkonPass.com

Thanks for reaching out to them and posting your response. We're in for two passes, but it'll be interesting to see if anything changes in the offer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Not that it adds a lot to the cost. I wonder if TBID will be accessed.
A earlier poster said "no" , I wonder how they know this.

If that is the case Mammoth the one of the original proponent just did a end run around TBID.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

^ TBID news in The Sheet online the last couple of weeks:

Page 3:
http://thesheetnews.com/wp-content/uplo ... 0.2018.pdf

Page 5 letter:
http://thesheetnews.com/wp-content/uplo ... 7.2018.pdf

There have been articles in the Mammoth Times, too, but they do no provide their issue free online - one has to subscribe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

skibuddy2 wrote:
Not that it adds a lot to the cost. I wonder if TBID will be accessed.
A earlier poster said "no" , I wonder how they know this.

If that is the case Mammoth the one of the original proponent just did a end run around TBID.
TBID will NOT be assessed, thanks for emphasizing this. I pointed it out exactly one month ago...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19263&p=327848#p327848

I also heard thru the grapevine that the $899 pass was gonna be $929 with 50% off BAF, but they changed it at the last minute. Dunno how true that is but I think future events will reveal that they haven't completely thought this thru like they should have. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:13 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Sierra Lady wrote:
^ TBID news in The Sheet online the last couple of weeks:

Page 3:
http://thesheetnews.com/wp-content/uplo ... 0.2018.pdf

Page 5 letter:
http://thesheetnews.com/wp-content/uplo ... 7.2018.pdf

There have been articles in the Mammoth Times, too, but they do no provide their issue free online - one has to subscribe.

Thanks SL
However that article really does not speak of the issue of TBID not being assessed on these new IKON passes.
Mammoth Mountain was the primary proponent of TBID with Mammoth there would not be TBID probably.
Now they hold TBID hostage unless there is a clause that allows for TBID to be used for Bishop. I hate that bully tactic.
If all the other businesses have to pay TBID then so too for next years ski pass. If not then every buisness need to file complaint.

Mammoth Mountain figure it out. Otherwise you are gonna have a huge backlash.

SL , I also read the article about TBID from former Mayor Lehman and mostly agree with him. Seems there is some problem with spending. Maybe there needs to be greater oversight. If not do away with the BID.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:09 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

SurfnSnowboard wrote:
I guess Jackson Hole regulars will still have to shell out $1200 for unlimited skiing with a significantly shorter season than at Mammoth.

$899 seems like a bargain compared with that. I think I'll buy the IKON Pass and try to do a two week trip up to Snowbird, Jackson Hole, and Big Sky. Seems like an awesome road trip.

JH seasons have been significantly more consistent with good snow tho. I never bought a pass at Mammoth when they were $1000 plus and probably would have quit alpine skiing if the MVP hadn’t come along. We did a lot more Xcountry in those days and would pick and choose our Alpine days on the old Silver Pass. The hurt is in the lack of a senior price discount as we will soon be on a fixed income. This will allow us a few years on the IKON pass and hopefully some nice trips to other resorts. But as second generation Mammoth homeowners, traveling adds a lot to the costs. So we will spend less time at Mammoth the next few years. Then likely opt out of the pass or look at Mountain Collective if it’s still there. We had been counting on the Senior passes when the reality of the fixed income not keeping up with price increases hits. I’m tired of getting hit on the slopes anyway (3 times) and I’ve just been lucky to avoid serious injury so far because they were high speed. Apparently this is less common (talking to patrollers) in Utah and Montana so we may take limited trips there and go back to xcountry skiing at Mammoth.

But our road trip will be three + weeks and start in Mammoth, swing by Squaw/Alpine, then go to Snowbird/Alta/Deer Valley/Jackson/Big Sky/Bridger ($60 lift ticket) so the IKON will be well worth it short term. We have places to stay everywhere except Jackson if we time it right with friends/family. Also SLC and Bozeman have reasonably priced hotels if needed. My hopes to be a lazy senior mid week skier at Mammoth into my dotage have evaporated though.

Hope the TBID goes away!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 pm 
Climax
Climax

Location: Hidden Valley St Louis, MO- 310 really BIG vertical ft
Sierra Lady wrote:

Quote:
Hello 'Sierra Lady',

Mahalo,

Amber
Ikon Pass Support
Alterra Mountain Company
Info@IkonPass.com

Mahalo?
Is Alterra a Hawaiian based company? :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 pm 
Climax
Climax

Location: Hidden Valley St Louis, MO- 310 really BIG vertical ft
Wait! What? No more Black Pass? What about Black Pass Parking? And Black Pass Club? And Black Pass Line Cuts? :cry:

Last edited by pkerr on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next