Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Quote:
To me that's like saying "All of the money I made in January, February, and March went towards paying my income tax and none went to me!"

That's what MLT said. All of December and January went towards summer air subsidies. We are in agreement.
Quote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to just look at the annual total and figure out where the money went instead of looking at the individual monthly checks?

What annual total? It started in September, some figured the dough could be spent in September, and MLT is now making a point about a three month lag. If you're following along the annual total will have to wait another ten months.

Wouldn't it make more sense to let everybody keep the money, instead of waste it? All of it went toward flying 2/3rds empty planes up and down the highway, pretty much. Send those planes somewhere more people wanna go. Everybody's balance sheet would go up.

Post subject: Re: BOYCOTT List...IT HAS BEGUN!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:18 am 
Rodger's Ridge

The TBID was based on annual totals and now you want to focus on monthly totals? Obviously the air subsidies peak during specific months so the best way is to annualize it. X number of dollars coming in and X number of dollars spent annually.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:11 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Maybe if less people boycotted, there would be more in the fund pool for marketing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:06 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

SurfnSnowboard wrote:
The TBID was based on annual totals and now you want to focus on monthly totals? Obviously the air subsidies peak during specific months so the best way is to annualize it. X number of dollars coming in and X number of dollars spent annually.

What you don't get is that with seasons like this the Air subsidy will probably suck up all the TBID.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:36 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

skibuddy2 wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:

What you don't get is that with seasons like this the Air subsidy will probably suck up all the TBID.

No I do get that it's possible. Projected annual TBID revenue was $4.7 million. Is it possible that it will be less than $2 million? Sure I suppose it's possible. If that's the case then business is so dire that there wouldn't be money for marketing and tourism related expenses anyway so what's the difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:16 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

The difference is sustainability.

It's not sustainable to hire a consultant to say new taxes will hurt property values, and pass new taxes anyway.
It's not sustainable to bungle your way to getting sued for $44M, and pass the buck rather than try to learn.
It's not sustainable to raise the prices everywhere tourists might spend, as a way to get more tourists.
It's not sustainable to say this is not a scam for money for air service, if facts later prove it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:22 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

I can't look.

ImageImage
www.Photo395.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:17 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

SurfnSnowboard wrote:
skibuddy2 wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:

No I do get that it's possible. Projected annual TBID revenue was $4.7 million. Is it possible that it will be less than $2 million? Sure I suppose it's possible. If that's the case then business is so dire that there wouldn't be money for marketing and tourism related expenses anyway so what's the difference?

So is what you really mean is spend the TBID as bills come in. Since Air subsidy is very delayed then the money from TBID will have already been spent on advertising or there expenditures and that by the time the bill comes from TBID there will be no funds?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:46 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

my son and i brown bag our lunch and bury it in a snow bank because i can't justify the cost of two burgers and drinks at main. i wish they would subsidize our lunches.

it just seems like they could be taking some of this tax or whatever it's called and giving it back to the community of Mammoth for ballparks or school improvements, something, from a pr standpoint it sure seems like a good idea. one other thing, what exactly is the marketing plan? i live down south and i don't think i've ever heard a mammoth advertisement on the radio or seen one on tv. i don't here radio spots either on flying to mammoth or see them on tv. do that many people come from out of state to ride mammoth? are those numbers available? have they done a study where they spend no money on marketing vs a pile of money on marketing and what the difference in visitors to town are?

am i way off base and have no clue what i'm talking about? i didn't read every post so i may be missing point.

we don't spend any money on the hill.

Post subject: Lehman wishes he listened to ShiftyRider
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Lehman now wishes he was paying attention...
ShiftyRider wrote:
The difference is sustainability.

It's not sustainable to hire a consultant to say new taxes will hurt property values, and pass new taxes anyway.
It's not sustainable to bungle your way to getting sued for $44M, and pass the buck rather than try to learn.
It's not sustainable to raise the prices everywhere tourists might spend, as a way to get more tourists.
It's not sustainable to say this is not a scam for money for air service, if facts later prove it is.
Welp, sure looks like when the TBID passed by a 3-2 vote, one of the Yes voters now wishes he listened to ShiftyRider's email and voted No...
Former Councilman Lehman wrote:
Give the $5 million in TBID dollars back to the business community, and pass the savings back on to our guests…not MLT or its failed air marketing efforts.
http://thesheetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/The-Sheet-Newspaper_2.17.2018.pdf#page=5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:48 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

http://thesheetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/The-Sheet-Newspaper_2.17.2018.pdf#page=5

fixed the link. Correlation once again proven; being an elected official makes you bad at maths.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Quote:
My response is, where are the new
long-term visitors? With all the new
marketing dollars, we have not even
surpassed peak winter visitations
that existed prior to the formation of
MLT or the TBID. Intrawest, a foreign
company, did a better job at driving
winter visitation… or should I say
the snow does a better job at driving
our winter visitations?

It always boils down to Ma Nature. :geek:

P.S. I have continued to boycott the TBID these last three years as much as I am able. I still do not purchase any dry or paper goods or alcohol at Vons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:30 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

BOYCOTT List...PROGRESS REPORT!

Folks, thanks to all your efforts I am proud to report that the continuing boycott has proved to be a resounding success! Even a month ago these thieves were thinking about trying to renew this TBID but as recent events have unfolded, today we come to the obvious concluson...

the TBID renewal effort is DOA
ain't gonna happen
The taxpayers win

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:38 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

It's rusty and has nothing to do with a boycott.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

How much did they collect in tbid last year? 5 mil?

Resounding success is right but not for the boycott. As soon as it started snowing the boycott (if there was one) went out the window.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next