Forums
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Quote:
It's rusty and has nothing to do with a boycott.
Rusty sez if the BOHICA crew would like, they are free to continue to pay more on a voluntary basis.
Quote:
How much did they collect in tbid last year? 5 mil?

Resounding success is right
Resounding success for Horizon Airlines. Dunno if your cluelessness here is Performance Art or what, but that's 5 mil of your money that went to Horizon Airlines, not the veterans or the hungry or the uneducated or building a wall LOL.

"Since the formation of TBID, our enplanements to Mammoth Lakes are down nearly 40 percent, while enplanements in competing resorts are up. Our shortcomings over air service...are primarily because of failed air marketing campaigns."
-signed, the one who voted Yes last time http://thesheetnews.com/2018/02/16/lett ... 2-17-2018/

Post subject: Re: BOYCOTT List...IT HAS BEGUN!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:22 am 
Rodger's Ridge

You think that the air service subsidy is $5 million per year?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Is this a trick question?

a little over 2M went to Horizon Airlines
2M went to Hot Creek and their lawyers
the rest went to the Cambria Outdoor Christmas Show fellow who bought the Woods Site*

A grand total of ZERO of it went towards what people would think of if they wanted to donate to charities, or if they wanted their government to support veterans etc.

* TOML really got scammed on that one, I'd write more later but I doubt readers here wanna learn even more about how stupid these "leaders" were

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

So you knew when you posted it that $5 million didn't go to air service subsidy. Just trying to mislead people?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Anything I didn't type is expanded on in the Letter to the Editor in my link (kinda the whole point of the world wide web, doofus).

Thanks to everybody who keeps bumping this thread!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:32 am 
Rodger's Ridge

Nice backtrack shifty (and that word applies perfectly to you when you post this type of BS). So either you're well informed and you're trying to be misleading or you're uninformed and posting BS.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:41 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Gimme a break with the false accusations -- you're better than that. The way it works is you can try to rebut the facts. Which would entail just posting the details already contained in the link that I posted. You can also click back just one page where there's discussion of a period of time where all the tax went to nothing but the air subsidy, not that its important now since the TBID is dead.

Your minutiae and false accusations doesn't make me look bad, it makes you look weird.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:48 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

No need to click on the link. You wrote "that's 5 mil of your money that went to Horizon Airlines" which you apparently knew was false when you posted it. If you didn't know it was false then just admit it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

You're nuts. The subject is taxation without representation, and you're wondering if dumping tea into Boston Harbor is different from stamps or some other taxy thing.

Also, I already broke it down for you. All of the money was wasted, some of it not just down to a zero benefit, but a negative benefit. 40% fewer enplanements. Maybe if it was 10M they'd wind up with 80% fewer enplanements. LOL.

Is it okay if I ask you a question now? Did you know about the TBID renewal being DOA before you read it here?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:19 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

No shifty I didn't know they weren't going to renew it and didn't care either way.

Did you know tbid money isn't used to pay the airport judgement when you claimed it was?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:15 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

On paper I agree with you, but when you look at how TOML allocated to MLT on a before and after basis you see.

P.S. Can anybody post Lehman's graph, I'm away from my laptop for now.

P.P.S. This thread holds the new record for getting bumped by people who don't care. Saying "I stopped listening to ShiftyRider!" can be persuasive the first time, but later quite the opposite LOL. Dunno what to say...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:09 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

That chart says a lot. It is very interesting.

I wonder how a chart of bad weather days , snow conditions, schedule changes also compares in the mix.

TBID is out of control. Needs much more oversight if it continues. OMG if it goes to Bishop.

Hell if my spending here in Mammoth will go to Bishop. Let those folks down their pay for their own fiasco.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:11 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

By no means do I want to speak for Shifty but the issue here isn't that there is scheduled air service into Mammoth, it's that anyone that rents a condo when they visit is subsidizing the flights (among other things). If we can all agree what a stupid idea that is, then we can finally get around to the discussion of what a lousy place the Mammoth airport is for, ya know, actually landing a plane during a storm.

I am 100% for moving the air service to Bishop and ending the TBID. Somehow I don't think that will decrease the price we pay to stay in Mammoth. Maybe if planes flew into Bishop we could get regular service for a Bishop-Mammoth shuttle staying there would be a much better option too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Agreed.

Now for context, before the TBID was even dreamed up TOML hired a consultant to provide a December 2011 Air Service Forecast. They had a good idea of what it would be for 2011-12 because the flights were set and bookable. The forecast...

2011-12: 100%
2016-17: 198%

Actuals from Lehman chart...

2011: 100%
2016: 85%

They also like to say that a fly-in visitor spends $500 more than a drive-in visitor. Do the math, yikes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next