Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Snow Conditions Winter 17/18
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:32 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Today was a gorgeous bluebird day with no wind! Met up with MPB who is in town with her hubby and while he was in a lesson this morning, she and I cruised around together and had a blast. Snow is soft and abundant. It was a very busy Monday however with longer lines than you'd normally see on a Monday. I think many folks stayed an extra day after getting shut out during Saturday's closure due to the avalanche incident. There was a 15 minutes line at Chair 12...yes 12! Then when we skied down to the backside to eat lunch on the sundeck, there was a long line at 14 and the Melt House deck was packed! We waited for 20 minutes in the food line, but boy were those grilled cheese sammies and the roasted tomato soup worth the wait! Afterwards I stopped in to the Patrol office and bought an Eastside K-9 Avalanche Rescue Dog hat and dropped a cash donation in their box. It was a great day!

Line at 12 and MPB's shocked expression...LOL!

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Looking forward to some pow days this week. Coming down on Tuesday for 3-4 days of skiing. This is the latest first trip of the season of my life, but I've never missed a season! Excited to ski some steeps, as much as I love Bachelor, after 40 days this season I'm really itching for some steeper turns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:12 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Great weekend. Yesterday was an absolute blast with the sun and bluebird skies. Skied in a long sleeve and t-shirt.... Of course I forgot to put sunscreen on my nose and got absolutely fried.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

I read they were finally able to groom and set track out at the Shady Rest Nordic ski area after the last storm. Needed a break from "work" so I went for an hour kick and glide from 1:00-2:00. A LOT of snow has melted just since that big storm two weeks ago so the skiing was marginal at best. Lots footprints with postholing on the tracks, shrubs, pavement and pinecones showing so one had to pick around them in some areas. Also a few doggie poop bags and a nice pile of poop not 50 yards from the sign that asks you nicely to pick up your dog's waste and carry it out with you. Saw three other skiers and some dog walkers...all dogs were off leash of course. It felt good to get outside for a little exercise and Vitamin D though! Pray for snow!

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:15 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Looked amazing in the video Mammoth posted on their IG story. Has me thinking about driving up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:02 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

I heard of a best day ever rumor from J1.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 pm 
Climax
Climax

For you couch potatoes & vegan snowflakes šŸ˜

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Is that grass fed beef?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:33 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

The snow has been unreal this month, but the liftlines and management of said lines has been a completely infuriating shitshow. Oh, and I made a complete rookie error and rode into a bombhole yesterday so maybe I'm just bitter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:48 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Last Friday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op-oYkEGg9c

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

PE395 wrote:
The snow has been unreal this month, but the liftlines and management of said lines has been a completely infuriating shitshow. Oh, and I made a complete rookie error and rode into a bombhole yesterday so maybe I'm just bitter.

You think Saturdays liftlines were bad? Wait till the $599 season pass in a booming economy lift lines next year! Was said bombhole off the chair 9 traverse? that thing was huge!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

PE395 wrote:

No one seems to know what alternate means... I've even seen a few altercations over it.

It's mind boggling

Post subject: Reader's Digest...Hometown Buffet Early Bird Feast coupons
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:58 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Alternate, please!

Long, long time ago (meaning I'm sure she's dead by now) a female Host aged prolly close to the 50th percentile of all the hosts' ages (think Angela Lansbury), uhhh, what was I gonna type? Oh, yeah.

Long, long time ago a female Host whacked me with her ski pole when I was a single trying to join her and two other Hosts boarding Chair 16. I guess since I was riding a snowboard she figured I had ill-intent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:16 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

3/18/18 Nordic ski day #2 out to the Hayden Cabin. Looked like one other person had been out there before me today - they postholed in shoes instead of snowshoeing or cross country skiing - odd! High clouds made for a bit of flat light, but it was nice to get outside for some exercise and Vitamin D.šŸŒž

View of MM from the Sierra Meadows Ranch parking lot.

Tracks in the Sherwins.

The Whites look really white finally!

Mammoth Museum at the Hayden Cabin

Notice the hat.

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:37 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Must've driven right by you SL, on our way out to Punta Bardini. Great day for a little tour. Snow was nice and fresh up top. Started down around noon, and the snow in the Tele bowls was getting a little thicker with the warming. But still an awesome untracked run top to bottom. Some scrambling around the manzanita brush on the way out. Hope the next storm isn't so warm that it washes out the exit.

Saturday was fun on the mountain. My one experience down at 2 was they had extra staff to manage the lines - have to admit didn't go back down there again just because I knew it was going to be crazy. Juevos stayed deep and soft x2 for me!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next