Forums
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Uploading's begun and we luv da mosaic at MidChalet! Will your Ikon Pass have the ShiftyRider photo?
Of course!  29%  [ 2 ]
I would if I thought I could get away with it  29%  [ 2 ]
I hate ShiftyRider  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Re: I.K.O.N.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:18 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Banner on Mammoth web site says prices go up $100 on May 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Thanks psg for the clarification. Guess I didn't read through ALL the FAQ's thoroughly enough!

Post subject: Re: I.K.O.N. is not a scam for money for air service.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:23 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

ShiftyRider wrote:
Thank you! From the article...
MMSA’s Eric Clark wrote:
That’s our money, our commitment. We can figure out…how we can spend that money to solve the regional air service problem.
...so when you receive your dining check and it has a line item for TBID do like what Eric and I have been doing these past five years, politely speak to the maître d'...
Quote:
That’s my money, my commitment. You can't have it -- I'm only paying for the food, okay? I can figure out how to solve my own transportation, thank you.

Looks like MMSA and MLT have a bit more to worry about now! :o

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE

(760) 934-2712 ext. 1259 or jurdi@visitmammoth.com
Follow: Facebook.com/VisitMammoth Twitter.com/VisitMammoth

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Alaska Airlines to Discontinue Air Service to Mammoth Yosemite Airport
New airline partners being sought to replace and expand service

Mammoth Lakes, Calif (May 19, 2018) – On Thursday, May 17th officials from Alaska Airlines informed Mammoth Lakes Tourism that they would be discontinuing air service to Mammoth Yosemite Airport (MMH). Current daily non-stop air service from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) will continue through November 30, 2018.

Airline officials cited retirement of the Q400 aircraft as well as a nationwide pilot shortage as reasons for ending the service that has been in place for Mammoth Lakes since 2009. Other Alaska Airlines markets impacted by these service cuts include Sun Valley, ID; Bellingham, WA; Pasco, WA; and Eugene, OR.

According to Air Planners CEO Kent Myers; “The pilot shortage is having a major impact on air service across the country.” Myers went on to say, “No domestic airline is escaping the pilot shortage; all the legacy and regional carriers have been impacted.”

Mammoth Lakes Tourism is in discussions with other major airlines to not only replace the discontinued Alaska Airlines service from Los Angeles (LAX) and San Diego (SAN) for winter 2018-19, but to possibly expand into new markets as well.

New winter 2018-19 service announcements will be made as soon as they are finalized.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:14 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
^Yikes.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

I saw this coming. Alaska Air discontinued the LAX-GUC flight I was taking to get to Crested Butte last year. Don't believe the BS about the retiring of planes or the shortage of pilots. It's the merger stupid. When Alaska bought Virgin cuts were inevitable.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

From the BOYCOTT thread...
Quote:
"Since the formation of TBID, our enplanements to Mammoth Lakes are down nearly 40 percent, while enplanements in competing resorts are up."

All of the [TBID] money was wasted, some of it not just down to a zero benefit, but a negative benefit. 40% fewer enplanements. Maybe if it was 10M they'd wind up with 80% fewer enplanements.
Oops, make that 100% fewer enplanements.

Sucks to be right cuz if we thought TOML was getting ripped off before, that ain't nothing compared to now. No enplanements and yet there's still a $2M a year "subsidy" from the Hot Creek lawsuit. Wonder if anybody will go to jail over this, cuz how ya gonna renew the TBID with this news? And yet they gotta renew the TBID or it will become clear to everybody that that $2M lawsuit money was kinda the whole point in the first place (which seems illegal due to the "proportional benefit" rules that Improvement Districts are bound to).

Apparently there will still be United flights from SFO (WTF?) come next winter, and there must be somebody somewhere who considers those silly little Burbank charters more significant than my neighbors loading up the minivan LOL. Horizon sure ain't coming back cuz most other places they pulled the Q400s, they switched to 737s (Mammoth hangars get in the way of the 737 wings).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17