Forums
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Uploading's begun and we luv da mosaic at MidChalet! Will your Ikon Pass have the ShiftyRider photo?
Of course!  29%  [ 2 ]
I would if I thought I could get away with it  29%  [ 2 ]
I hate ShiftyRider  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Re: I.K.O.N.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

I generally ski at least 20 days a year so this pass is still worth the $899 for me.

Might even venture out to Colorado or Utah with those other incentives.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

We're out. It was nice while it lasted. Every year it's always been possible to buy lift tickets at a significant discount at Mammoth (i.e. Costco, offers from the mountain, etc.) However, as a mspamela said, it something you can't count on. I'm hoping these offers will still be out there.

This 50% off is a great offer this year:
https://www.mammothmountain.com/email-landing-winter/valpak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:34 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Anyone who is disappointed with the IKON Pass should voice their concerns to; info@ikonpass.com cc: Mammoth at: info@email.mammothmountain.com

Who knows, maybe Alterra Mountain Co. and Mammoth Mt will realize the abolishment the Senior Pass and the five 5 day Mammoth limit to the IKON Base is punishing long time Mammoth Passholders and especially the community and local residents!

Last edited by old chip on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

So far only one on my friends is planning to buy the Ikon Pass.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:55 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Way better than I thought. It is fair for what you get. It is still cheaper than the pass I bought at Mammoth in 1996. Senior Pass? You guys have all the money. It's all your fault the economy is where it is. Now you are getting older and costing us more with the entitlements you put in place. Sorry Boomers, it's time you pay up.

Grabs bowl of pop corn and goooooo........................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:19 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

ShiftyRider wrote:
One of their decision points will involve the 2% TBID fwiw. If whatever this is just bundles Mammoth equally with, say, Squaw/Alpine then folks who'd prefer to just ski Mammoth would still buy it from the (Squaw?) non-Mammoth website unless they confuse charitable donations with scams for air service and stuff...

How would MMSA pull that off? I believe when folks were ponying up last spring, if ya totaled it all up there was some $3-400,000 worth of TBID free money for Horizon Airlines which they might be kinda ticked to not have any more.
In order for Mammoth to be bundled equally with Squaw, ya gotta pay $186 more than last year. Well $186 less in your pocket ain't nothin compared to $400,000 less in TOML's pocket (ya buy the new pass at ikonpass.com now, so obviously there's no TBID tax).

tl/dr the folks who insisted TOML needed a new scam for money for air service, are now sitting out part of/not paying for the empty planes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

The IKON Base Pass just doesn't seem fair.

If you live in North Tahoe or Truckee you have a multitude of ski areas to spend your money with. The IKON Base Pass for $599 gives you virtually unlimited skiing at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows. If you live in the Bishop/Mammoth area you have limited ski resorts other than Mammoth Mtn. The IKON Base Pass for $599 gives you just five days of skiing at Mammoth. You must pay $899 for the unlimited skiing. Just doesn't jive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Right, they're throwing the gauntlet down by being cheaper than the Epic Local for Bay Area, Tahoe, and Colorado sliders (whereas to SoCal they're basically saying Squaw kooks and Snow Summit kooks might as well be equivalent...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Apparently it's the

It's
One
Dollar
Less
Than
Nine-hundred

Pass

Doesn't really have a ring to it though...

Right shifty?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

They have the right to charge whatever that want for the pass and I have the right to equally say that's too much for me and my family. I'd rather put my money somewhere else. It's a business model they chose and good for them if it works. We've been around long enough to see the ups and downs of the MVP pass (during good times and bad times and we've seen what has happened to that "get in now or never" MVP club).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 am 
Climax
Climax

....no one has mentioned availability or increase of the Black Pass.
Wonder how many of those get purchased a year. #Mammothblackpassvalpak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 am 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

I contacted an IKON representative via email yesterday and he related that there will be no Mammoth only options offered as well as no California only options. The only game in town will be the IKON Base Pass and the full IKON Pass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:23 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
At the end of the day, they're allowed to make money. People need to determine if it still makes sense financially for them or if it doesn't. Anytime the price goes up they do the analysis around attrition and how many they'll lose, and of those how many will still come up for several days at the prevailing day rate. Personally, I imagine there will be a lot of people that walk away from the pass, and then end up spending the same or close to the same by the end of the season. Do the math, know your break even and what you're willing to pay per day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:34 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

old chip wrote:
I contacted an IKON representative via email yesterday and he related that there will be no Mammoth only options offered as well as no California only options. The only game in town will be the IKON Base Pass and the full IKON Pass.

What is gonna happen for those of us with the senior pass?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:47 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

What most people forget is that if you have a pass you are more inclined to ski only a few hours. When you pay for a day pass at 150.00 you are less likely to purchase a full day and ski only a couple hours.

Last edited by skibuddy2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next