Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snowboard bindings
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Thinking about getting some new ones this year for my inbounds boards. I'm liking these Rome Targa bindings. Lots of great tech and adjustability. Anyone have any experience with the durability of Romes?

http://www.romesnowboards.com/bindings/targa/

Post subject: Re: Snowboard bindings
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:25 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Go Union or Burton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:26 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

My son rides those bindings and loves them. Hasn't has any issues with them at all this year. Best of all, last years are $135+ tax at P3. Thats a good deal for Rome's top of the line.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:53 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Thanks hkyfsh, if you son likes them that's a great recommendation. I know he rides hard and often, those will match up great my inbounds Summit. I'm getting a pair. Hope to see you at June this coming season...

I've had lots of Burton bindings and have had my share of problems with them. And I feel they are over priced. Union's don't have some of the features I'm looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:10 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Yeah he put about 175 days on them between last season and summer riding and hasn't had any problems. MP88 and I looked at them yesterday at P3, they only had L/XL left in stock from last year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm 
Climax
Climax

Don’t you dare sh!t up that beautiful board of yours with Burton bindings, get down to P3 stat and buy the XL Targa's for 50% off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Wow, some anti-burton peeps in this mo fo... Cartels are excellent bindings and though pricey, they last forever (I happen to get my burton gear through pro-form for 50% off all season so I may be a bit biased). The Rome are nice enough though and for 50% off you cant beat it. I still am a big fan of my Union's though, they are my go to's at present...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Does P3 add on the TBID? ShiftyRider might get pissed at me if I buy them there...

Actually I have a pair on the way but I'm thinking about buying another pair cuz that's such a great deal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:58 am 
Climax
Climax

I am just hatin....

90% of my old gear is Burton, my neighbors wife worked for Burton for 10 years so 50% off everything was hard to pass up. She hasn’t worked for them in 2 years so I have slowly worked Burton out of my life, and once I get the Targas I will be 100% Burtonless.

But hey whatever's clever for you, & keeps $$ in the account is whats most important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

I used to ride Burton Freestyles and liked them, although I never understood why they had a clip to lock the highback to the frame.

Re TBID, everybody should do whatever they want. 98% of the time when I quote a post I'm replying to, I delete the author's name. There's a reason for that. I process information better letting the words stand on their own. I have very little need to keep tabs on who says what, or whether my life would be simpler if I formed some clique that could tell me "them bad, us good". Everybody's best bet is to ponder the facts a post might contain, then draw their own conclusions. A simple TBID fact is this: if you see a new line item on your receipt, you just supported the TBID whether you meant to or not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:35 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Thats kinda how I ended up a Burton Junky also but I too have moved on from an ALL burton world... I love my Stepchild board, Union bindings and (dare I say it?) BURTON ambush boots (i like a really soft boot and these are perfect for that) That being said, Cartels are still REALLY good bindings regardless of what anyone who hates burton might say and I love the ambush boots right now but I also have some Vans and 32's that are really great also... Like you said, whatevers clever and opinions are like a$$ holes right? :D I have never tried Rome equipment but I know a butt load of people who swear by their brand...

maxpower88 wrote:
I am just hatin....

90% of my old gear is Burton, my neighbors wife worked for Burton for 10 years so 50% off everything was hard to pass up. She hasn’t worked for them in 2 years so I have slowly worked Burton out of my life, and once I get the Targas I will be 100% Burtonless.

But hey whatever's clever for you, & keeps $$ in the account is whats most important.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Got my Targas today. My advice, take your time and be patient while setting them up. Make sure you have a stout #3 phillips head screw driver. Really, I had to use a impact screw driver to loosen one of the screws. You don't want to strip out these screw heads. The screws that hold the underwrap heel hoop are TIGHT.

Super nice construction and very customizable. We shall see how they hold up this coming season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

I really liked my Targas when I had them, though that was a few years ago. If you do have any issues with them, their customer service department is as good as it gets.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:39 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Burton bindings still do the trick for me, but have been using them for so long I don't really have anything to compare them with. Would like to try the rome bindings someday. Curious to see how you guys like the targas, sounds like a solid binding. Rome is another VT company which was started by a couple Burton employees that didn't agree with everything that Burton was doing, so they started up their own company in Waterbury.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:12 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Oh yeah, nice new bindings on my beautiful NS Summit and June opening this year.

Can't wait...