It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mammoth Board
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:43 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Whats up MMF
Just wondering about possibly grabbing another board before I head up. :clap:
I have a Banana, super fun, super playful, but definitely a board that has its limits as far as "all mountain" This is def a park board. amazing for jibs and small/mid size jumps but just a little soft and not very stable at high speeds.

I was thinking i might need something a little bit stiffer... for the days i wanna bomb hills, lay down carves and stay out of the parks.
if anyone has a board they think kills it (outside the park) let me know. Kind of want something to mix it up when I don't feel like riding the banana.

Thanks!

-YS

Post subject: Re: Mammoth Board
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

If you're on a Banana, get something with C2BTX (Lib T.Rice, TRS, Gnu Riders Choice), and a couple cm's longer than your current board.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:04 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Thanks for the reply! I really like the T rice and i think it would be perfect for those pow days. any rec on bindings for the set up?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:09 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

I also have a sk8 banana and looking for another board... Anyone have thoughts on the riders choice?
Or even the smart pickle?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:57 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

PE395 wrote:
If you're on a Banana, get something with C2BTX (Lib T.Rice, TRS, Gnu Riders Choice), and a couple cm's longer than your current board.

I agree with this... Some sort of hybrid rocker would be good to you after riding a bannana... And depending on the length/width of your Skate Bannana, Id say you could go several cm longer for an All Mountain freestyle approach.

Any interest in a full camber board?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

6IX wrote:
PE395 wrote:

I agree with this... Some sort of hybrid rocker would be good to you after riding a bannana... And depending on the length/width of your Skate Bannana, Id say you could go several cm longer for an All Mountain freestyle approach.

Any interest in a full camber board?

I was on a 159 burton bullet for a while. a little bit big for me but the thing locked in and absolutely FLEW down the hill. was super fun to ride and full camber.
if you had any recommendations for a full camber, im all ears! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:29 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Young_Skywalker wrote:
I was on a 159 burton bullet for a while. a little bit big for me but the thing locked in and absolutely FLEW down the hill. was super fun to ride and full camber.

So you've ridden a full camber board and know the feeling of riding at speed like you're on a razors edge... Nothing compares on groomers or hardpack, but unfortunately we face a mixed bag of conditions almost every time out on the hill... So I'd say if you like camber and want the edge hold and stability it offers, look for a camber underfoot type board with rocker at the tips... My buddy just picked up the Salomon Mans Board which has this baseline, although just looking at it on the floor at his house checking it out, I dont see the rocker at the tips being very pronounced, and you can clearly see the camber arching up.

I was looking at the Jones Flagship, which is camber behind the front binding inserts, and a rockered nose. Coming from the park, you might also look at the Jones Mountain Twin.

I love my K2 Slayblade with Flat Camber... and they altered their line of boards this season to use the Flatline/Flat Camber, but raise it up off the ground a bit for more pop. Check out K2's baselines you'll see what I mean.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:14 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

6IX wrote:
Young_Skywalker wrote:

So you've ridden a full camber board and know the feeling of riding at speed like you're on a razors edge... Nothing compares on groomers or hardpack, but unfortunately we face a mixed bag of conditions almost every time out on the hill... So I'd say if you like camber and want the edge hold and stability it offers, look for a camber underfoot type board with rocker at the tips... My buddy just picked up the Salomon Mans Board which has this baseline, although just looking at it on the floor at his house checking it out, I dont see the rocker at the tips being very pronounced, and you can clearly see the camber arching up.

I was looking at the Jones Flagship, which is camber behind the front binding inserts, and a rockered nose. Coming from the park, you might also look at the Jones Mountain Twin.

I love my K2 Slayblade with Flat Camber... and they altered their line of boards this season to use the Flatline/Flat Camber, but raise it up off the ground a bit for more pop. Check out K2's baselines you'll see what I mean.

Wow thanks so much for the info. Was checking out the Mans board and you nailed it with that one. Awesome help man!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:26 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Anybody ridding this years riders choice? Thought? Might join that family.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:57 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

If its not broke, dont fix it. Dont believe the hype, get a standard twin tip all camber board and enjoy the benefits. Stable, poppy, and doesnt wash out at speed. Stable on any jump.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:31 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

I'm sold on Magne Traction for the ice and boilerplate we get. If you want to go camber go full camber, no rocker anywhere. Consider the Smokin' Superpark, with traditional camber and MT.

http://smokinsnowboards.com/boards/superpark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:27 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

^^^^ Of which I Have a nearly new 162 for sale^^^^