A LOT of new stuff happening at the Mammoth Museum at the Hayden Cabin this season!
As most of you know I'm the Secretary to the Board of Directors for the Southern Mono Historical Society (SMHS) who operate the museum. We've been very busy over the winter months. Here are some highlights of how our mostly new Board are catching us up with the 21st Century:
* Opening day, Saturday, May 28, 2016
* Awarded $1,300 in grant money from Mono County Tourism.
* Working on a grant to raise money toward the eventual relocation of the Sartori/Warta cabin (old cable company cabin on the SW corner of Main and Minaret across from Mammoth Brewing Co.) to the Hayden Cabin compound. (The Sartori/Warta cabin was gifted to the SMHS.)
* Booked six weddings and/or receptions, two tours, one service organization event and four special events.
* Updated our rack cards to include thumbnail photos of past events on the property and added text indicating it is available for rent for special occasions.
* Update our business cards adding our physical and website addresses.
* Participated in the Mammoth Lakes Event & Wedding Expo at the Westin for the first time ever which proved worthwhile for the networking opportunities.
* Recently joined the Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce, maintain our listing and post our events to their website.
* Upgraded our listing on the newly launched Mammoth Lakes Tourism website and post our events to their website.
* Purchased our own dance floor with sub-floor and porta-potty both of which will be available for rent.
* Planned, organized and implemented a fundraising Cajun/Creole dinner/jazz concert featuring Tom Rigney & Flambeau at the cabin on Sunday, 7/10. This jazz event will dovetail off The Village's free Mammoth Jazz event the previous Friday and Saturday. Our marketing and advertising will be paid for with the Mono County Tourism grant money received as mentioned above. See link for details below for ticket information.
* Added a PayPal option to our website for tickets to this event, plus membership dues and donations can now be made online as well.
* Will be accepting credit cards at our museum gift shop.
* Our website is being revamped by our webmistress to become mobile device friendly, however I still update most of the front-end content.
* I also continue to keep our Facebook page fresh weekly.
* Welcoming two new staff members/docents at the museum.
* New exhibits planned for the museum this season.http://mammothmuseum.org/https://www.facebook.com/www.mammothmuseum.org/
Direct link to Cajun Night by the Creek: http://mammothmuseum.org/cajun-night-by-the-creek/
(Only 300 tickets available)
MLT direct link to our listing & events: http://www.visitmammoth.com/arts-herita ... yden-cabin
Chamber direct link to our listing & events: http://mammothlakeschamber.chambermaste ... -cabin-393
Hope some of you come and visit the Mammoth Museum this season!