Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:37 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Posts: 14697
Location: Little slice of heaven in the Eastern Sierra
http://thesheetnews.com/2016/09/09/mamm ... ds-closes/

Yup, that's all we need is one more business in town papering up their windows and locking their doors. Especially one of the first buildings one sees when they drive into town on 203.

I won't personally miss McD's since I never go there, but a lot of folks lost their jobs unexpectedly and it's just sad that another business has bit the dust. :(

P.S.
No, an In n' Out won't replace it. Could just see the traffic back-ups and accidents on 203 if that happened!

_________________
Always carry chains.
"You can’t get too much winter in the winter." — Robert Frost.
www.mammothmuseum.org


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:48 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 11746
Sad for the employees that had made a career of working for McDonald's.

I wouldn't be surprised if it reopens under a new owner although the location isn't the most desirable.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:26 pm 
Offline
Climax
Climax
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: Baldys shoes
I vote for Del Taco ♡
Make Mammoth Great Again !


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:47 pm 
Offline
Center Bowl
Center Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 pm
Posts: 187
Back in the day there use to be a Del Taco or a Taco Bell across the street from Rite Aid


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:20 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Posts: 14697
Location: Little slice of heaven in the Eastern Sierra
^ Yes, there was a Del Taco where the C21 building is today.

I'm glad the MLPD are finally getting a much needed and deserved real police station just up the street from us. It's being built between the courthouse and the hospital in that forest near the RV Park.

_________________
Always carry chains.
"You can’t get too much winter in the winter." — Robert Frost.
www.mammothmuseum.org


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:51 pm 
Offline
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 am
Posts: 5927
Location: 11053
500 Mc D's closed down...

The Mammoth locations service was so bad they had a one star rating on Yelp.

I went there for coffee a couple weeks back and it took 15 mins at the drive thru.

O well, I think I will lease it and put a in and out in.

_________________
Someday never come's, live for the moment!

http://mammothsnowman.com
http://discovermammoth.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:45 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 11746
TheSnowman wrote:
500 Mc D's closed down...

The Mammoth locations service was so bad they had a one star rating on Yelp.

I went there for coffee a couple weeks back and it took 15 mins at the drive thru.

O well, I think I will lease it and put a in and out in.

That's not how In-N-Out works unfortunately.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:04 pm 
Offline
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 am
Posts: 5927
Location: 11053
Yep
In-N-Out Business Opportunities
In-N-Out has remained owned by the Snyder family since the beginning, and unfortunately they do not offer franchising opportunities in an effort to keep quality and experience consistent. However, don’t worry if you wanted to open your own burger franchise, because there are plenty of other opportunities for you to get your grill on.

_________________
Someday never come's, live for the moment!

http://mammothsnowman.com
http://discovermammoth.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:10 pm 
Offline
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:07 pm
Posts: 4772
Location: 44th floor
twins wrote:
I vote for Del Taco ♡
Make Mammoth Great Again !


I vote for Burger Barn #2! :P

_________________
WORK WHENEVER, SKI FOREVER! -- Live Like Lloyd :)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:48 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 11746
TheSnowman wrote:
Yep
In-N-Out Business Opportunities
In-N-Out has remained owned by the Snyder family since the beginning, and unfortunately they do not offer franchising opportunities in an effort to keep quality and experience consistent. However, don’t worry if you wanted to open your own burger franchise, because there are plenty of other opportunities for you to get your grill on.


Since everything is fresh they also don't open where they can easily and cheaply deliver every day. Plus they do a traffic analysis and have pretty high volume requirements. It's one of the reasons their stores are so successful.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:26 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Posts: 14697
Location: Little slice of heaven in the Eastern Sierra
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Plus they do a traffic analysis and have pretty high volume requirements.

^ Hence my P.S. in my original post.

Here's a story about McD's on today's Sierra Wave News online:

‘Challenging’ – McDonald’s closes in Mammoth Lakes

_________________
Always carry chains.
"You can’t get too much winter in the winter." — Robert Frost.
www.mammothmuseum.org


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:32 am 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 11746
Sierra Lady wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Plus they do a traffic analysis and have pretty high volume requirements.

^ Hence my P.S. in my original post.

Here's a story about McD's on today's Sierra Wave News online:

‘Challenging’ – McDonald’s closes in Mammoth Lakes


By "traffic analysis" I meant that In-N-Out has a requirement for a certain number of vehicles passing by each location. They actually intentionally have small parking lots.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:54 am 
Offline
Climax
Climax
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:04 pm
Posts: 2413
Location: South facing foothills of the Santa Susanas
Watch it turn into a Starbucksss...haven't been to one of those in at least five years.
I second the vote for BurgerBarn...needs a tree house though. 8-)

_________________
"For every unfortunate they kill, they cure a thousand." - John Muir regarding the Sierra.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:46 am 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Posts: 14697
Location: Little slice of heaven in the Eastern Sierra
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Sierra Lady wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Plus they do a traffic analysis and have pretty high volume requirements.

^ Hence my P.S. in my original post.

Here's a story about McD's on today's Sierra Wave News online:

‘Challenging’ – McDonald’s closes in Mammoth Lakes


By "traffic analysis" I meant that In-N-Out has a requirement for a certain number of vehicles passing by each location. They actually intentionally have small parking lots.

Yeah, I get it and understand their business model. Was trying to be funny! :lol:

_________________
Always carry chains.
"You can’t get too much winter in the winter." — Robert Frost.
www.mammothmuseum.org


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Last one out, please turn off the lights. McD's closed.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:37 pm 
Offline
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:56 pm
Posts: 712
Rubio's!!!

PS - I've caught the Lone Pine McDonald's employees leaving the restroom w/out washing their hands - hard to order food there now.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group