Forums
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Local restaurant reviews - post here!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:37 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

onegoodturn wrote:
I miss hanging with you, RBS, SKIPUNK and friends, even though they ditch us. .....

How were we to know that you cut your finger and was busy trying to stop from bleeding all over the place when we thought you were right behind us. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:01 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

My brothers friend just bought angels.... same guy the owns the place at convict...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:24 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

James Feeney (formerly of Feeney's Starlight Cafe) is going to be cooking up his fabulous Pacific Rim fare at the new/old Grumpy's now owned by Dave Talsky (of Mammoth Mountaineering, Alpine Approach and The Monkey Bar fame). Menu expected out before Christmas!

www.mammothmuseum.org

Post subject: Delicious Kitchen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Any reviews on Delicious Kitchen? I saw the referral on Snowman's site and I did a Yelp search. Good reviews there. Sounds really small, so I'm thinking of trying it for take out. Also looking for a menu.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:42 am 
Rodger's Ridge

^ I found photos of the menu on Yelp (scroll through food photos). Heard from friends here that everything they've tried is very good. Hoping to get there for lunch this week.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/deliciou ... wDX3nalIGA

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/deliciou ... JLiCz7ADkw

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:09 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Thanks! I guess I didn't scroll down enough on Yelp.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:51 am 
Rodger's Ridge

Sierra Lady wrote:
James Feeney (formerly of Feeney's Starlight Cafe) is going to be cooking up his fabulous Pacific Rim fare at the new/old Grumpy's now owned by Dave Talsky (of Mammoth Mountaineering, Alpine Approach and The Monkey Bar fame). Menu expected out before Christmas!

Here's what James posted on the old Feeney's FB page yesterday since there is no social media set up for the Monkey Bar yet:

Quote:
Singapore Chile Crab. Korean Burrito, Caesar Burger, Vietnamese Ribs, insane Poke', our famous Caesar Salad, Chinese Hot and Sour soup and so much more. At the soon to be renamed Grumpys building. Starlight kitchen has moved. Come check us out. Let's eat and ski it up!

Quote:
Monday thru Saturday 4 to 10. Sunday 10 to 10. Bar open 7 days till 1:30. Lunch coming soon. Contractors working hard to finish but thems the hours. There is no Monkey Bar and Resturant social media yet.

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:46 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Went to Grumpy's tonight to watch the Rangers pummel the Stars & got to sample the new Monkey Bar Menu. The New Zealand Rack of Lamb was perfectly cooked with garlic cloves. Absolutely delicious. Came with green beans mint chutney & yogurt, neither of which I eat. I traded one of my lamb ribs for my neighbors Asian pork ribs & that was a definite winner as well with a slight spicy kick.

Restaurant is under construction on the first floor. Grumpy's is closing maybe in a few weeks, so there goes the only place I know that gets the NHL package. If there is anywhere else that gets it I'd love to know,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:41 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Sierra Lady wrote:

Big mistake by Dave.only sports bar in town is gone now. For now it's outlaw. Pretty soon there will be a place to go watch sports at the old Perrys. Perrys was the worst. Better Italian in the freezer section at Von's

NHL package at Outlaw Bar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Can't wait for Liberty's to open in the old Perry's spot. Anyone one can buy the hockey package but what made Grumpy's great was the staff were all hockey players and fans. Liberty's owners are both hockey players and fans, sorry powderpig but they are both from Philly, and rumor has it, there will be bubble hockey. Can't wait to sit down, have a cold one and watch anyone beat the Rangers.

Dave will be fine in whatever he chooses to do. Feeney makes some great food. If you ever have a chance have him make you some Chicken Marsala. It is unfortunate to lose one of the old stomping grounds, I am a creature of habit, but they will still have bar downstairs, good food, sports on the tv, and cold beer.

Anyone try the noodle house at the old Gomez's?

In the meantime, Lakanuki, also has the NHL package. Mario and Jeremy both play as do the owner's kids.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:43 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

And.....This is my first full season not working in a bar. I am way less Grumpy, unless we talk about the rink but that is for another thread. Although, for the first time ever, I truly believe our town is going to pull this off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:11 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Hey guys,thanks for the NHL info. So when does this Liberty's come into existence? Anyone I could possibly know? That's stumbling distance to my motel.
Watching hockey in the presence of arch enemy fans is always more fun.

Yeah Grumpy, we've just lost our favorite organic bakery after 40 years in biz, & our favorite & thick crust pizza & great Beers place after over 25 years with them! Sucks big time, like losing Whiskey Creek & now Grumpy's up here.

Truly hope your roofed rink comes to fruition,

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Grumpy's was my go-to place to watch the Kings when up in Mammoth. Definitely have to try out some new spots now.

Post subject: Re: Delicious Kitchen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

CalvaryMike wrote:
Any reviews on Delicious Kitchen? I saw the referral on Snowman's site and I did a Yelp search. Good reviews there. Sounds really small, so I'm thinking of trying it for take out. Also looking for a menu.

Something I rarely do...I treated myself to a late breakfast last Wednesday and tried Delicious Kitchen. Just a simple little place with 6 or 8 tables and a delightful hostess/server. I was the only customer in there at the time and enjoyed a good Eggs Benedict with breakfast potatoes that had a slight kick to them. I felt it was a tad pricey at $10.95, but the portion was fairly large, so I took half home and warmed it up for lunch. The nice server even offered some extra Hollandaise sauce to take home in my to-go box. Lots of things on the menu I'd like to try and will have the opportunity next Tuesday when I meet a girlfriend for lunch. They are open daily for breakfast (7 a.m.-2:00 p.m.), lunch (11 a.m.-9:00 p.m.) and dinner (4:00-9:00 p.m.) They do to-go and catering. (760) 965-0665

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:19 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

No NHL package at Outlaw :@

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next