Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Local restaurant reviews - post here!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

We weren't smart enough to go to June, so for the first time in years we left early due to the conditions. We happened to be near Delicious Kitchen and stopped by to pick up a menu. Although it was early, we decided to try it.
Had the pork ribs w/out sauce and the chicken wings. The ribs were great, fell off the bones and great smoke flavor. The wings had good flavor and we're cooked perfectly (nice and crispy).
Our server was a nice young kid and I was a little worried at first, but he did a fantastic job. They offered free chips and salsa, but we didn't give it a try. Don't forget to show them Snowman's coupon and you get 10% off.

Post subject: Re: Delicious Kitchen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:02 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Sierra Lady wrote:
CalvaryMike wrote:
Any reviews on Delicious Kitchen? I saw the referral on Snowman's site and I did a Yelp search. Good reviews there. Sounds really small, so I'm thinking of trying it for take out. Also looking for a menu.

Something I rarely do...I treated myself to a late breakfast last Wednesday and tried Delicious Kitchen. Just a simple little place with 6 or 8 tables and a delightful hostess/server. I was the only customer in there at the time and enjoyed a good Eggs Benedict with breakfast potatoes that had a slight kick to them. I felt it was a tad pricey at $10.95, but the portion was fairly large, so I took half home and warmed it up for lunch. The nice server even offered some extra Hollandaise sauce to take home in my to-go box. Lots of things on the menu I'd like to try and will have the opportunity next Tuesday when I meet a girlfriend for lunch. They are open daily for breakfast (7 a.m.-2:00 p.m.), lunch (11 a.m.-9:00 p.m.) and dinner (4:00-9:00 p.m.) They do to-go and catering. (760) 965-0665

if you can reheat that hollandaise as leftovers then they are not making the real thing which is sad. thanks bye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:01 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

http://mammothsnowman.com
http://discovermammoth.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:03 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Here is one for the Whitebark ... food & drinks at 20% off anytime.

http://mammothsnowman.com
http://discovermammoth.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Late post from the holidays. We went to the new Ramenya during their soft opening. The ramen was really good, I believe I had the spicy miso, the bride had a veggie ramen. They didn't have their liquor license yet, were out of some items, and service was a tad slow because they only had a few people working. Again, obviously just starting to get the place up and running, and the owner was a gracious host. Hopefully they get to do a bit with the interior to scrub the remnants of Z Ranch and give themselves an identity. Super excited to have a ramen spot in town regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:03 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
PE395 wrote:
Late post from the holidays. We went to the new Ramenya during their soft opening. The ramen was really good, I believe I had the spicy miso, the bride had a veggie ramen. They didn't have their liquor license yet, were out of some items, and service was a tad slow because they only had a few people working. Again, obviously just starting to get the place up and running, and the owner was a gracious host. Hopefully they get to do a bit with the interior to scrub the remnants of Z Ranch and give themselves an identity. Super excited to have a ramen spot in town regardless.

Cheaps!!!! They stole our idea!!!!! Darnitall!!!!

Oh well. Glad there's one in town as well, looking forward to trying that spot. Actually, I have a ton of new places to try.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Two thumbs up for Ramenya! Went out with some of the ladies for a friend's birthday tonight and she wanted to try this new restaurant. The owners have another Ramenya in west L.A. near Sawtelle that has been in business since 1990. When we walked in this evening (early at 5:30) it was already packed and we got the last table! I'd never been in a place like this before or had this type of food so I was a newbie and didn't know what to expect. Three of us shared tuna crispy rice apps, the regular Miso soup (with pork), an incredible radish/seaweed/I-don't-know-what-else-was-on-it salad, some tasty chicken and hot sake (sorry, forgot to take photos!). Total around $70 split three ways so it wasn't too bad. Service was very good and quick with nice servers. Would def go back to try more dishes another time. Sideshowbob is going to love this place since he's been wanting one here, too Cheapski!

I agree with PE395 it will be more attractive when they have the time and money to spruce the place up a little and give it their own identity. Another suggestion would be to put back the other entry wall so the cold draft doesn't flow directly into the dining room where the tables in the center are. We were sitting there and it definitely felt drafty every time customers came in or out.

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:04 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Super bummed to see that Jenny's Cafe in Independence has closed. I guess it's been closed for a couple months, and I just hadn't realized that the sign out front meant a permanent closure. The homemade food, and old fashioned vibe was always a nice oasis. The closure did force me northward to Copper Top BBQ, which has been on my list for a while. Eating a tri-tip sandwich outside in 40+ MPH gusts on Friday made for an adventurous chew, but I dare say it was the second best TT sandwich I've ever had. Really nice folks as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:45 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Jenny's has lots of fans, but the last time I was there I should have left without paying. The food was no worse than an elementary school cafeteria, but the service went beyond rude and ventured into insulting. Whether based on simple racism or just bad meds didn't really matter: kitschy decor and a nice old building and a very bad attitude was all the place had to recommend it.

The new coop in indy, on the other hand, is well worth repeat visits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:48 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Thanks for that enlightening message bro.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

There's a new little cafe in town called Mama's Kitchen Table. Located inside the Sierra Center Mall (next door to Mammoth Outdoor Sports, below the old Shogun) on the ground floor at 452 Old Mammoth Rd. Ste. 113 (760) 965-0060. Open M-F 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. They are working on being open on Saturdays soon. They have Wi-fi.

A friend and I tried it for lunch today and it was quite good with really decent prices. It's a limited menu, but all homemade items including fresh baked goods in the morning. The owner has been an acquaintance of mine for years and she runs it with her daughter. Her mom and two aunts were Lebanese who grew up in Jamaica and her dad was from the south...so she knows how to cook a variety of food! She gave us a taste of her Tabbouleh; it wasn't something I cared for, but my friend liked it.

I enjoyed my Chicken Caesar wrap and iced mocha and my friend liked her Chicken Salad with ice tea.

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:25 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Copper Top sucks balls!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:36 am 
Rodger's Ridge

We gave Liberty Bar & Grill a third try when we met Mr. & Mrs. Biker395 for dinner earlier this week. That will be the last time. Don't ask.

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:25 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Morrison's (old Angel's), opened second week of December 2016, owned by Convict Lake Resort. More upscale than Angel's, but not as fancy or expensive at Convict.

We made reservations for their Valentine's Day special dinner. Two people for $50 - we each got a drink (beer or wine), appetizer, entree and dessert. The food was incredibly tasty and service was excellent. We perused the regular menu and would go back to try more items for sure.

My sauteed mushrooms. SG had the tomato basil soup.

SG's burger

My sea bass

Our desserts

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

why do the burgers at the burger barn taste like you are eating the actual grill grate? thanks bye

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next