Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65
 Post subject: Re: Local restaurant reviews - post here!
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Sierra Lady wrote:
Morrison's (old Angel's), opened second week of December 2016, owned by Convict Lake Resort. More upscale than Angel's, but not as fancy or expensive at Convict.

I was disappointed in Morrison's. The mushrooms were the best thing I ordered, and the cocktails were very good, but the pizza was nothing special and certainly not worth the price, and the "angel hair" pasta was *way* overcooked. I probably won't go there again, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

^ Oh that's too bad. I loved the mushrooms, too.

They have gone through two site managers since they re-opened. Oy!

www.mammothmuseum.org

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:46 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

My wife and I ate at Morrison's on Sunday 4/30 - 1st time. She had the barramundi , and I had the NY steak . We split the Hamachi tostada and caesar salad. I had sculpin on draft and she had the cucumber gin fizz. We thought it was good and will go again (although Petra's remains a favorite).

We ate at Campo on Saturday night - 7:45 reservation. Call me crazy but I like Campo. Service was slow, and the manager came out to apologize and credit us 50% of the food bill for the delay. I was enjoying the evening and didn't notice the slow service - so that was a bonus. The June Lake DIPA on draft there is awesome (even if it comes in a small glass). On our way back from Mono Lake Sunday afternoon, we stopped at the JL Brewery to buy a couple 22oz bottles to bring home (I haven't been able to find the bottles in TOML).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65