Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concert Review
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
Awww, you're cute.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

I didn't go but the Neil Young concert at UCSD last night got rave reviews. He played for almost 3 hours and apparently sounded great. Started out along doing acoustic versions of classics such as Old Man.

Anyone going to catch his tour?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:35 am 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

I caught last night's Neil Young and the Promise of the Real show at the Forum. Neil can do no wrong in my book, and last night's show was great - great setlist (even if it did contain a lot of Monsanto Years songs - they were well played / jammed). Started solo acoustic, then a little bit country, developing into full-on R&R. Cowgirl and Love & Only Love were the two monsters. Long show - Neil started about 9:15, and last notes were about 12:05am (no setbreak)... See this show if you can

I also caught the "Echo In the Canyon" show at the Orpheum on Monday. It was billed as Fiona Apple, Beck, Jakob Dylan, Cat Power, Regina Spektor...
It should have been billed as Jakob Dylan and Friends - as he and his band were on the stage for the full 55 minutes, with guest/cameo appearances by the various other artists. Yes, you read that right - the show was an anemic 55 minutes (not counting the opening band who I didn't know...).
In hindsight, it was really just an exercise to video record the show as a companion piece for the album that will be released in early 2016 - cameras everywhere...

Next up: Trey Anastasio at the Wiltern on 11/4.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

This Sunday is the Foo Fighters in Castaic - the Love Ride!!!!!!

I have like 16 shows to catch up on. Maybe I'll consolidate them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

SurfnSnowboard wrote:
I didn't go but the Neil Young concert at UCSD last night got rave reviews. He played for almost 3 hours and apparently sounded great. Started out along doing acoustic versions of classics such as Old Man.

Anyone going to catch his tour?

I saw this show Neil Young and Promise of the Real at UCSD Rimac Arena on Tuesday 10/13/15. The show started at 8:50pm and he wrapped up at 12:15am! Yes a 3.5 hour show with no set breaks!!! freaking awesome! The show was basically a protest against Big Food and the recently passed "California Seed Law" which i am not going to go into because i dont know anything about it other than Neil Young is against it and begged the cops in the audience to arrest him because he was passing out i believe organic seeds which is now illegal in California. He was preaching civil disobedience and railing against the company Monsonto which is the subject matter of his newer album.

The concert started with just neil playing 5 songs on his own and then Promise of the Real (which has Willie Nelsons son Lukas) in the band. The show was 3.5 hours in the beginning he played After the Gold Rush, Heart of Gold, Old Man, on his own and then played a few classics but mainly newer material from the Monsonto Years album. He did play a 25 minute rendition of Down by the River which was so freaking awesome....he didnt say much during the show other than the protest part where he basically explained this new "Calfornia Seed Law" and how if people would trade these seeds that he was passing out to the crowd with other people and transport these seeds farther than 3 miles that we were breaking this new lawand that he was against Monsonto and Starbucks and other big food companies who are using pesticides, chemicals and basically poisoning the people and that he is for the small farmer and fighting for their existence.

all in all it was a great show.... here is the set list for the show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-youn ... 47325.html

Here is Willie Nelson's son Lukas doing a rendition of a song done by his Father (notice how similar their voice is)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai5DtzeKQ5w

Edit - The show also had an opening band i forgot the name Jenny Lewis and the Noose or something like that...so with the opener it was an almost 5 hour show

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:32 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Hey LA (ish) friends - we have two extra (not where we are sitting) tickets to the Hollywood Bowl on Halloween for the Danny Elfman/Tim Burton evening extravaganza!! Just looking for face value - PM me if you're interested!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:33 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

mspamelablythe wrote:
Hey LA (ish) friends - we have two extra (not where we are sitting) tickets to the Hollywood Bowl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:12 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

cheapski wrote:
mspamelablythe wrote:
Hey LA (ish) friends - we have two extra (not where we are sitting) tickets to the Hollywood Bowl

I'll buy the purchasers a beer since they can't sit with us!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:25 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Dead & Company last night 12/30 - I had a lot of fun; quad sound Drums/Space may have been my highlight.
A little strange seeing John Mayer in the Jerry slot - but he's got chops for sure.

Great seats about 10 feet in front of the soundboard - just where I want to be.

You too can play "Where's Walton?"

Have to figure the avatar feature on this site...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:00 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

^ Lol i was at an Eagles show in San Diego a few years ago and bam right in the middle of the floor was good ole Bill Walton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:26 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

GnR announced two concerts in Las Vegas before they hit Coachella:

Ticket prices for the April 8 and 9 Las Vegas concerts cost $79.50 to $300 each, plus service charges. Premium tickets range from $175 to $1,140 each. VIP packages are priced at up to $2,499 each.

Tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Saturday at axs.com.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

The Dead are going to hit the road again with Mayer. I didn't see any concerts in this part of the country. They are doing it for some foundation thing they have going.

Mortality reminder: It has been quite a sad situation for an old hippy lately. Bowie started it with liver cancer. That was followed by Fry from RA complications, Kantnor and Signe on the same dang day. For Gods sake! And then to top all that off Dan Hicks went to Hicksville. Sometimes tears fall into beers, but we walk on, head up, eyes bright and twinkling, and an attitude that cannot be brought down. Nosiree, there is much to do. Feel the Bern.

This freaking party is not over!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:33 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

AEG/Goldenvoice (the companies that put on Coachella and Stagecoach festivals} have confirmed what some are calling "oldchella":

Friday, October 7: The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan

Saturday, October 8: Paul McCartney, Neil Young

Sunday October 9: Roger Waters, The Who

Pretty amazing lineup and it will be full concerts not the typical 45 minute festival sets.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

So what happens when the drummer from the Foo Fighters has an alter ego 70's dirt cover band and they play Conejo Valley Days? Well, sometimes when that happens the lead singer from the Foo Fighters shows up. And sometimes if you're wearing enough wristbands this happens....

Not sure why I look so scared, but I'm pretty sure why Dave does!!!!

Awesome day! I ran into at least 12 people from high school and it ended up being a WHS Reunion. Felt like a keg party at the Plateau's....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:35 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Now thats pretty cool! Got my tickets to see Jeff Beck in August, first concert in years for me, going with some high school friends..

Jonesy's jukebox is my favorite radio show right now, lots of cool interviews and a nice selection of seldom heard music..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next