Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Concert Review
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:11 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Not a review, just a recommendation for some of you here that like the GD.
I went to see the Dead and Company at the Hollywood Bowl on thursday. Amazing show. Just like the good old days.
The sounds was fantastic ! Even Weirs voice held up very nice. It was better than some GD shows of the past.
I`m not sure were they are touring but if you can get make a show you won`t be disappointed !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:15 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

I went to see the Dead and Company at the Hollywood Bowl on thursday. Amazing show. Just like the good old days.
The sounds was fantastic ! Even Weirs voice held up very nice. It was better than some GD shows of the past.
I`m not sure were they are touring but if you can get make a show you won`t be disappointed !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Bet it was good!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:58 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Yea, it was really good ! I walked away thinking the Dead are alive and well !
Also what was really cool was how many young people were there. OK im sure the 45-65 year olds out numbered the teens , 20s and 30s but it seemed like not by much. The guy next to me was early 20s and so into it. He liked talking to me and hearing my stories from the 70`s 80`s 90`s during break. he said he was just born in 1995 but can listen to a lot of old shows on u-tube. He was such a genuinely nice, friendly,kind human being which was pretty much the whole vibe at the show. Peacefulness, kindness, generosity, and happiness filled the air. My 60 year old friend brought her 21 year old son and 2 of his good friends. They were all decked out in the typical colorful garb. They had a blast and at the same time being very well behaved. Pretty cool seeing the following so strong.
Pretty different from my first show when I believe the Hells Angels were the ushers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:54 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
Freerider wrote:

I had friends that were there that said the same - sounds like a great show!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:33 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

I didn't make it to the U2 concert last week :( -but- I did see them on Kimmel;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylSoAxpcKk

Freaking awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 am 
Rodger's Ridge

Does anyone have a pre-sale code for the U2 show in San Diego they'd like to share?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:56 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

I had to miss the Dead&Co Bowl shows due to last minute unexpected travel. :( Thank you stubhub for last minute ticket dumping...
Perhaps sacrilege, but if you close your eyes you can imagine Jerry. However, it's a bit jarring when you open them.
At least there are six more upcoming Dead&Co webcasts to pick from - starting this Friday / Saturday from Boulder.

I did catch Ryan Adams at the Greek on Saturday night. He is awesome (and you gotta love a mirrorball).

Here's a link to Ryan Adams' "Peaceful Valley" from a couple years ago - at about 6:20 it's reminiscent of Crazy Horse covering the Other One...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKgl6f6V8uE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:01 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

mirrorball wrote:
I had to miss the Dead&Co Bowl shows due to last minute unexpected travel. :( Thank you stubhub for last minute ticket dumping...
Perhaps sacrilege, but if you close your eyes you can imagine Jerry. However, it's a bit jarring when you open them.
At least there are six more upcoming Dead&Co webcasts to pick from - starting this Friday / Saturday from Boulder.

I did catch Ryan Adams at the Greek on Saturday night. He is awesome (and you gotta love a mirrorball).

Here's a link to Ryan Adams' "Peaceful Valley" from a couple years ago - at about 6:20 it's reminiscent of Crazy Horse covering the Other One...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKgl6f6V8uE

you paid for this. thanks bye
http://i.imgur.com/T3SfBuU.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

boarddad wrote:
I didn't make it to the U2 concert last week :( -but- I did see them on Kimmel;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylSoAxpcKk

Freaking awesome!

Hubby was at the Jimmy Kimmel show - that guy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:13 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

I've been to 15 concerts this year, hubby's been to at least 20. I was at one Friday. I'll be at one this Friday and again on Sunday. I can't believe I am actually starting to think about my safety at these venues and if this is going to change how often we go to shows. I think about Skipunk and where he's working. I think about all of my friends and what show they might be at. How do we end this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Many Mammothites were at that concert. One local friend we know well was shot, but thankfully survived. The Mammoth Times posted this article on their FB pages this week. I hope that those who need this kind of help, utilize it.

http://mammothtimes.com/content/waves-r ... u-can-help

Quote:
Waves of Repercussions Will Follow Local Survivors of Vegas Shooting; How You Can Help

By:
Wendilyn Grasseschi
Times Reporter
wendilyn@mammothtimes.com
Thursday, October 5, 2017
MAMMOTH LAKES, CA

The full repercussions of the Las Vegas mass shooting on Mammoth and Eastern Sierra residents might never be obvious but it will, inevitably, be profound nevertheless.
At least several dozen Eastside residents appear to have been at the concert or in Las Vegas the night of Oct. 1. At least a few of them were shot and/or injured during the shooting, although none fatally.
But the nature of the horrific attack, where 58 people had died as of Oct. 5, where more than 500 people were injured, some critically, makes it almost impossible that anyone at the event will walk away without some kind of trauma, according to local mental health experts. In a region of less than 40,000 people, several dozen people is a significant percent of the Eastside’s total population.
To make things worse, the inevitable repercussions to each person who was at the scene of the massacre will be the more pernicious because they will be almost completely invisible.
“It is almost impossible to wrap your head around something like this,” said Robin Roberts, the Mono County Behavioral Health director. “Your head goes into shock, you go into a lot of intense feeling that do not feel logical,” she said.
“Some people will come home and it might look like they have had no effects but there will be residual effects,” she said.
And, the whole thing was so senseless, it’s going to add another challenge for survivors.
“When you drive on the freeway, you can’t drive thinking you will have an accident every second,” she said, noting that driving on a freeway is statistically speaking, far more dangerous than the possibility of dying of a gunshot wound at the hand of a mass killer. “Those people don’t drive very long. So we learn to adapt, to block it out. But the truth is, you don’t go to a concert thinking of danger, you are not thinking like that. You are thinking, perhaps, that you shouldn’t drink too much. Then something happens in a place where you are at your most safe and innocent. It is a shattering experience.”
Many of those who attended the concert will come home with at least some degree of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), she said.
The effects will vary for everyone, but the common theme is that emotions will come up, often unconnected to logical thinking, and often, at unexpected times and in unexpected places.
The other word, she said, is ‘intense.’
People will be hit with waves of emotions and they will be incredibly vivid, incredibly strong, she said.
That’s even if it doesn’t look like the survivor is going through anything, she said.
Some will have to be sure all the doors and windows are locked, some will look and act and talk as if they have not been impacted at all, some will need to talk, some will not want to talk, she said.
But when the attention on the crisis diminishes, when the television cameras are gone and the pundits are no longer talking about Las Vegas, the trauma will still be there, she said.
It’s important for friends and family to think of the long term, she said and to get ready for that.
The best thing the local community can do is to listen; to try to not solve an unsolvable problem, to not try to fix an unfixable situation.
“Don’t say ‘you should not think about it, you should move on, you should go back to work,’” she said.
What people can do, what almost anyone can do, is simply listen.
“My advice to family and friends and loved ones is to try to make a wide space for people, a place and time for them to talk, “ she said. “It might be hard to hear, it might be hard for you to hear this, but it is best to just listen. “To offer advice, to offer ways to fix this, could just make it worse.”
There is an inevitable time frame for all trauma, she said, a time frame that cannot be rushed and is different for every person.
“Trauma has a process,” she said. “You have to give into it, you have to allow it it’s own time frame,” she said.
The county has the resources to provides mental health services to its residents, and there are also many private counselors and therapists in town (see list of resources, below).
“We do have private providers in town and we here (at the county behavioral health department) will also field calls, anything from people needing one conversation to normalize what they went through, or, if they need a longer time, we can provide that too, she said. “We can also give people a full list of resources that are available to them.”

Local resources:
• Mono County Behavioral Health can be reached at 760-924-1740 or use the After Hours Access and Referral Line at 1-800-687-1101 or email Robin Roberts at rroberts@mono.ca.gov. The office is located at 452 Old Mammoth Road on the third floor of the Sierra Center Mall (formerly known as the Shogun Mall). The department can provide a wide variety of mental health services and/or provide references to the right therapist or resource.

• Mammoth Hospital Grief Support Group: Mammoth Hospital hosts ongoing grief counseling sessions every second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at noon in the chapel at the hospital. The sessions are facilitated by Lori Ciccarelli, who is a certified spiritual guide specializing in grief counseling.

• Wild Iris Crisis Intervention and Management: Susi Baines from Wild Iris said that Wild Iris counselors are not only trained in domestic violence and assault, but are also trained in crisis intervention. “While the tragedy in Vegas had nothing to do with domestic violence or sexual assault, directly anyway, our counselors can start the process by doing some crisis intervention if someone is interested,” said Baines. “If we need to refer them out for longer term therapy we can certainly help with that as well.”
Call 877-873-7384 or go to wild-iris.org for more information.

• Oct. 13 Community Meeting: The Mammoth Lakes Police Department and the Town of Mammoth Lakes will be providing the services of a licensed therapist in a group setting to offer members of the community coping techniques and strategies for community members, in response to the mass shooting in Las Vegas. “Traumatic events can impact people who were not directly involved, but who may have known a victim or seen coverage of the event,” police said. The event will be Friday, Oct. 13, from 1-3 p.m. at Suite Z, the Mammoth Lakes Town Council Chambers, which is located in the Minaret Mall, on the second floor (above Vons and right above the Chocolate Factory). There will also be the opportunity for discussion and for questions. This event is open to any member of our community. Please RSVP hdegoey@townofmammothlakes.ca.gov. In order to accommodate everyone, the location may be moved, depending on response.

With additional reporting by Stacey Powells

www.mammothmuseum.org

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19