Forums
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

It's okay to agree with Mitt on here. The only one who broke the rules so far is windyscotty cuz of religion. He will be banned shortly. We'll be locking the thread once we get down to Sign #1 that Mitt Thinks You're a Loser.

Just to reiterate the guidelines, we no longer allow discussion of Hitler or Rush Limbaugh. Also, anthropogenic global warming due to the fact that the deniers all have an annoying political agenda. It goes without saying that robocalls are strictly verboten. If you have any questions, please ask them in the form of a Forum Poll.

Post subject: Re: I agree with Mitt
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:35 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Chaos on Bull$#!t Mountain
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-19-2012/chaos-on-bulls--t-mountain---the-entitlement-society

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:43 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Obama will win this one no problem. Which is not just a little scary - his excuse for his poor performance is that he inherited a mess from Bush. I wonder if he's given any thought to the mess he's going to inherit in January?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:25 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Baconator wrote:
Obama will win this one no problem. Which is not just a little scary - his excuse for his poor performance is that he inherited a mess from Bush.

1. Obama has not been able to fully enact his agenda. Fact- "The 110th congress was record-setting with its 139 filibusters by the Republicans." To say that Obama has had 4 years and his programs have not worked is disingenious. His programs have not been implemented as Congress did not allow it. We may be worse off, or better off, if Obama's programs were enacted, but we will never know. Just keeping it real - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/23/1094253/-Guilty-as-Charged-How-the-GOP-Killed-Washington

2. The 47% comment is wrong. Fact- those receiving "entitlement" benefits are predominatly poor whites in "red" states. As such, a large majority of the "47%" will in fact vote for Romeny. He was pandering incorrectly.

3. Fact- Obama did in fact inherit a mess. The mess inherited, however, was not limited to Bush Jr's actions. The mess commenced many years ago and has been growing ever since. Trickle Down non-sense from Reagan. Clinton's NAFTA was not a favorite of mine. The Patriot Act and suspension of your constitutional right to Habeas Corpus was not a favorite of mine (Bush Jr. and Obama only signed the law, our inept Congress voted it in). No jail time for any Goldman Sachs' directors, officers, employees, etc. (google what they did, its inexplicable). Corporate welfare. No meaningful Wall St. reform. etc., etc., etc.

It doesn't matter if you vote red, or blue. "We the people" are getting screwed. We need to stop allowing corporations, congress, those in power, etc., to divide us along party lines and cause us to beat each other up. We need to address each issue in a fair and bi-partisan way. Why are we not?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Wilbur wrote:

Like.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Going deep inside the Kremlin ... KGB-plotting with Vladimir Puntang..
But does Jesse agree with Mittens on the 47% allegation-thing..

Ventura goes head-to-head with Morgan on Mitt Romney's 47% remarks and other controversial issues

This will get you worked up and either agreeing or disagreeing...

[What do I think? I think Morgan is merely another (lying) tool for the British empire/NATO/Vatican/Rothschilds/Bush Syndicate, using the duped and dumbed-down American people to serve their clandestine agenda..]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:03 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Social Security should not be counted as a hand out/entitlement. It is a forced IRA that washington has robbed and miss managed over the years. This is our money that we paid in. If it would have been invested the way it was originally supposed to, we would fine.
Washington miss manages it and has to borrow money to pay retirees and now calls it a government hand out. BS. I know there are ways people get SSI payments without earning them. That is a hand out. But most people pay in their entire life every week to this program. The Gov was supposed to invest this money just like a private retirement account. They pillaged
it over the years instead.So, are you receiving a hand out if you retire and start collecting from a personal retirement account that you yourself set up years ago ? Whats the difference ? Well except that mine has been growing and untouched for 30+ years.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:17 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Going deep inside the Kremlin ... KGB-plotting with Vladimir Puntang..
noworkski wrote:
Baconator wrote:
Obama will win this one no problem. Which is not just a little scary - his excuse for his poor performance is that he inherited a mess from Bush.

1. Obama has not been able to fully enact his agenda. Fact- "The 110th congress was record-setting with its 139 filibusters by the Republicans." To say that Obama has had 4 years and his programs have not worked is disingenious. His programs have not been implemented as Congress did not allow it. We may be worse off, or better off, if Obama's programs were enacted, but we will never know. Just keeping it real - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/23/1094253/-Guilty-as-Charged-How-the-GOP-Killed-Washington

2. The 47% comment is wrong. Fact- those receiving "entitlement" benefits are predominatly poor whites in "red" states. As such, a large majority of the "47%" will in fact vote for Romeny. He was pandering incorrectly.

3. Fact- Obama did in fact inherit a mess. The mess inherited, however, was not limited to Bush Jr's actions. The mess commenced many years ago and has been growing ever since. Trickle Down non-sense from Reagan. Clinton's NAFTA was not a favorite of mine. The Patriot Act and suspension of your constitutional right to Habeas Corpus was not a favorite of mine (Bush Jr. and Obama only signed the law, our inept Congress voted it in). No jail time for any Goldman Sachs' directors, officers, employees, etc. (google what they did, its inexplicable). Corporate welfare. No meaningful Wall St. reform. etc., etc., etc.

It doesn't matter if you vote red, or blue. "We the people" are getting screwed. We need to stop allowing corporations, congress, those in power, etc., to divide us along party lines and cause us to beat each other up. We need to address each issue in a fair and bi-partisan way. Why are we not?

Great post. Completely agree on the points raised.

Address the issues themselves, not the (partisan) Party lines..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Last paragraph says it all and addresses the question, "...why are we not addressing each issue in a fair and bipartisan way?"

Well pard, we are pawns in the corporate game, too. This is nothing new and has been going on since we was all just wee babies and even before.

Don't worry about it. Go hiking, fishing or ride your bike and forget about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

MountainNut wrote:
noworkski wrote:
Baconator wrote:

Great post. Completely agree on the points raised.

Address the issues themselves, not the (partisan) Party lines..

Yes, good to see that some people understand the big picture.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:30 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

[quote="MountainNut
Great post. Completely agree
Address the issues themselves, not the (partisan) Party lines..[/quote]
and this "
It doesn't matter if you vote red, or blue. "We the people" are getting screwed. We need to stop allowing corporations, congress, those in power, etc., to divide us along party lines and cause us to beat each other up. We need to address each issue in a fair and bi-partisan way. Why are we no"

well said - - stop the whinning, and fix it !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

The media with their bully pulpit stir up more crap and division than any other source.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am 
Climax
Climax

The media ruin everything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Post subject: Top Ten Signs Mitt Thinks You're a Loser
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:39 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

4. your multicar garage lacks an elevator
3. your personal cosmetologist buys bronzer in the single-pack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next