Forums
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1,2,3 strikes yer out
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

onegoodturn wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Watch the video of Quentin getting hit - watch the sign and watch where the catcher sets up. He's expecting the pitch to be low and away most likely a breaking ball. Instead it's a fastball high and tight.

Did Greinke really miss that badly? Wrong pitch AND wrong location?

Why don't you just come out and say what you are thinking? And are you saying it's okay to charge the mound after that? He got plunked on the shoulder and put Greinke out for a while. He's suspended for 8 games, Greinke is out for how long? Something is wrong here. If you are a Madres fan I feel for you but I can't reach you... LLC19 is a true fan of the sport, he and I share a great love of the game. Mr. Rider gets it too. Some of you others just don't get it.

Again, I wish Drysdale was pitching for the Dodgers in the up coming series....

Charging the mound is part of the game. This isn't the first time and won't be the last but no that's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking is that either Greinke REALLY missed (and he's has good control from what I've read) or he intentionally went inside. There's history there between the two so that could explain it but throwing at the batter given the count and the fact that he was the lead-off hitter in a close game doesn't make much sense.

So OGT go watch the video and then you decide whether the catcher was expecting a breaking ball outside or not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:29 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

mspamelablythe wrote:
Before HN can chime in... You're a pickled egg.

With cheesecake and Fat Tire on the side....

Yum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:44 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Charging the mound is part of the game. .

Why does it have to be? They took care of the violent bench clearing brawls in basketball. Hockey is a different story I suppose. I don't watch it so I don't know. I never got football players punching each other in the helmet.

I've seen fights in the water but haven't ever seen someone attack a competitor in a surfing comp...

In my opinion baseball should be a non contact sport. I know the history SnS and I love the tradition. But the players are bigger and better every year. I just don't like to see someone with a great career ahead of them get hurt because someone loses his temper.

GO Dodgers.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:46 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

I'll make it easy on you OGT - here's a screen cap from immediately before the pitch:

This link has nice HD quality video of the pitch and the brawl

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/ ... s-quentin/

So I'll ask again: Did Greinke really miss by that much?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

onegoodturn wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:

Why does it have to be? They took care of the violent bench clearing brawls in basketball. Hockey is a different story I suppose. I don't watch it so I don't know. I never got football players punching each other in the helmet.

I've seen fights in the water but haven't ever seen someone attack a competitor in a surfing comp...

In my opinion baseball should be a non contact sport. I know the history SnS and I love the tradition. But the players are bigger and better every year. I just don't like to see someone with a great career ahead of them get hurt because someone loses his temper.

GO Dodgers.....

It doesn't have to be part of the game any more than pitchers intentionally throwing at batters does. But both happen. Not sure how you can really ever prevent it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

I watched the video SnS and it's very clear to me that the pitch just got away from Grienke. Even great pitchers have some pitches get away from them.

My video loads really slow here, I'll finish watching it and get back to you. Ever been to lunch at Phillipes???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:01 pm 
Climax
Climax

Bunch of sissys!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

SKIPUNK wrote:
Bunch of sissys!

Yeah, bunch of sissys!!! Ya gotta have at least 6 teeth missing to be considered hard core...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm 
Climax
Climax

Damn straight, spit those chiklets out, stitch it up, tighten the laces and get back on the ice. Oh snap, wrong thead/sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

2008, Greinke hit Quinten's wrist, I think it wuz a check-swing strike.

2009, Greinke hit Quinten's shoulder...
Ozzie Guillén, Quinten's manager wrote:
Well, everybody that gets hit gets upset, especially when you aren't swinging the bat well and all of a sudden you get hit. That's part of the game. Carlos is a guy who is going to get hit a lot because he stands on top of the plate. I don't think it was intentional.

2013, Greinke hit Quinten's arm...
Oney Guillén (Ozzie's son, Quinten's teammate wrote:
Carlos...told me long long time ago. if he does it again im going for him. that was like 09

P.S. Greinke probably said something about Quentin's lack of effort getting outta the way. He's batting .182 so there's always the OBP...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:52 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

wow this thread has taken off!

Shifty said that Greinke has never hit Carlos before that pitch, i think that was the 3rd time he hit him...and i as i said before i think Q was not going to charge the mount until Greinke popped off....its still no excuse he shouldnt have charged the mound....

and no way was Greinke throwing at Q...the situation didnt call for it....2-2, 1-2 yes not 3-2

Pads 2-9...... :swear:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

onegoodturn wrote:
I'm going for the trifrecta HN. Ride Mammoth in the morning, surf HB in the afternoon and then attend a Dodger game in the evening. How can a girl that doesn't know anything about baseball top that? Of course you must have a boyfriend with a private jet?

Bet you would top it off with a party at the Playboy mansion... How would you tell SuzyChapstick from you HN???

You make no sense, but please continue to measure your richard and give yourself a reach around!! I see a SELFIE coming up on instagram (pa)--

I think of trifectas and winning comes to mind ? You cake spread....zzzzz. HB-nah been lame since main went 3 stories. And a dodger game ? And you are going to do all of those without drinking a beer? I call #2

gotta run, somebody just ordered EXTRA crispy fries!! that has thrown me for a loop-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:13 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

onegoodturn wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:

GO Dodgers.....

WhatEVAR you do---don't leave your rocking chair. Safety abounds. But then again you and some other dorks know so much more than the rest of us. You win, we are clueless. And yes all those other sports are 100% violence free. You would really wet your pants over rugby. Those big meanies.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

ShiftyRider wrote:
2008, Greinke hit Quinten's wrist, I think it wuz a check-swing strike.

2009, Greinke hit Quinten's shoulder...
Ozzie Guillén, Quinten's manager wrote:
Well, everybody that gets hit gets upset, especially when you aren't swinging the bat well and all of a sudden you get hit. That's part of the game. Carlos is a guy who is going to get hit a lot because he stands on top of the plate. I don't think it was intentional.

2013, Greinke hit Quinten's arm...
Oney Guillén (Ozzie's son, Quinten's teammate wrote:
Carlos...told me long long time ago. if he does it again im going for him. that was like 09

P.S. Greinke probably said something about Quentin's lack of effort getting outta the way. He's batting .182 so there's always the OBP...

WOW really? Wouldn't wearing those fancy headphones over your ears and not your eyes make you more relevant. I thought they had no history?.............HN owned shifty...........google gooogle

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

ShiftyRider wrote:
Good to have the baseball experts weigh in.
Quote:
Quintana can roll

Where do you stand on San Diego's #1 baby, errr, Quentin?
Quote:
been beaned by the same guy a few times

LOL he's never been beaned by Greinke.

Retire. ps-jets will never land in Mammoth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next