Forums
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meanwhile, on Capitol Hil...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:09 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

I know there is a rule against political posts but I think this passes muster since there were no politicians present. Wrap your head around this one;
Quote:
Last Minute Congressional Action on Science Bill
In a surprising and unusual move, the 114th Congress completed work on S. 3084, the reauthorization of the America Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education, and Science (COMPETES) Act before the end 2016. Passed by the Senate on December 10th, it appeared to be too late for final passage because the House had already gone home for the holidays. However, House leaders left themselves a parliamentary loophole through which to pass noncontroversial legislation. That allowed a recently negotiated compromise between the House and Senate versions of the bill to make its way onto the House floor. Though no actual vote was taken, the bill was deemed passed by unanimous consent.

Man, I have got to get me a deal like this one where I work. I know I should show up for work, but since I don't do anything controversial, I'll just head to Mammoth instead, and whoever is there can log me into my computer and move the mouse around once in a while. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Meanwhile, on Capitol Hil...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

lmao - email autoreply: if your PTO request is non-controversial, it is approved.

i can get behind this movement

just need a few more decision making flow charts, and i'm out.