Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Snowave what's up with U2?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

SKIPUNK wrote:
U know me. fU2ck! Force feeding music on people. Its not a record its a commercial

:y: times infiniti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:59 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Maybe I'm not getting this, but what exactly was forced on you? The album shows up "in the cloud", meaning it hasn't takn up any space on your device UNTIL you click on it and tell it to download. It's kinda like this thread. You saw "U2" mentioned in the heading, yet you clicked on it anyway? Honestly, what did you THINK you were going to read?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
boarddad wrote:
You saw "U2" mentioned in the heading, yet you clicked on it anyway? Honestly, what did you THINK you were going to read?

B.I.N.G.O.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:08 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

it's interesting to hear about what a big band does, hence coming to this thread. flame on like a bon bon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 am 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Sharon Osbourne rips U2 as a "mediocre" band and megalomaniacs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

windyscotty wrote:

It must be true then.

Although I like lots of their music and don't care what Osbourne said. I like her music too. Wait, that would be Joan Osborne. Who the hell is Sharon Osbourne anyways???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

windyscotty wrote:

Gosh, I can hardly wait to see what do the Kardashians think about U2. :roll:

To Ms. Osborne's credit - taken in the context of the last 5 years or so I can't disagree with her. I'm guessing she wouldn't want anyone to judge Ozzy on the last 5 years of his career though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:46 pm 
Climax
Climax

They "fU2ck!" are making it harder for the average band out there trying to sell their music. The only way "fU2ck!" Can redeem theirself is to go on tour now and give every ticket away. I don't see that happening.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

I think that giving the music away for free is what set Sharon Osbourne off. The problem is that it's the future of the music biz. Digital music and iTunes changed music from album-oriented to singles oriented (or you could say reverted it since in the 50's and 60's it was all about the 45 with the A side and B side songs!). Today with music streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora, iTunes Radio, satellite radio, etc. there's less need than ever to BUY music. You sorta rent it instead.

The future for the music industry is finding other ways to make money than simply selling music. Whether it's touring, merch, edition vinyl, or whatever else they can come up with the future of the music industry is definitely not selling CDs or full albums of music via digital download.

U2 is ahead of their time and so people are scared and pushing back resisting change as always.

The funniest complaint I heard about the unwanted download was that it was "an invasion of my privacy". Uh no, no one's privacy was invaded.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:32 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

^agreed. U2 didn't do this, it was the invention of the MP3 player...mostly. It was also pushback from consumers who got sick to tears of having to buy an entire CD of crappy music to get the one decent single. I do think that the experience as a whole has been greatly diminished in the process. in the old, vinyl record days you would not only get the music, but you got it packaged in the sequence the artist WANTED you to hear it - kindof like seeing the whole movie rather than just the trailer. Not only that, but you would also get all the cool artwork, lyrics, liner notes etc. Carefully slipping the record out of the sleeve and cueing up the record was PART of the experience. Not only is all of that gone now, but most people don't even listen to the music they buy more than a couple of times. That's a shame, because a lot of the lesser-known tracks sometimes take a number of listens to grow on you and, IMHO, are the songs you later find are your favorites on the album.

Be mad at U2 if you want, but all they did was find a way to get paid to give away their music. They are far from the only ones doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:22 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

boarddad wrote:
^agreed. U2 didn't do this, it was the invention of the MP3 player...mostly. It was also pushback from consumers who got sick to tears of having to buy an entire CD of crappy music to get the one decent single. I do think that the experience as a whole has been greatly diminished in the process. in the old, vinyl record days you would not only get the music, but you got it packaged in the sequence the artist WANTED you to hear it - kindof like seeing the whole movie rather than just the trailer. Not only that, but you would also get all the cool artwork, lyrics, liner notes etc. Carefully slipping the record out of the sleeve and cueing up the record was PART of the experience. Not only is all of that gone now, but most people don't even listen to the music they buy more than a couple of times. That's a shame, because a lot of the lesser-known tracks sometimes take a number of listens to grow on you and, IMHO, are the songs you later find are your favorites on the album.

Be mad at U2 if you want, but all they did was find a way to get paid to give away their music. They are far from the only ones doing it.

maybe they didn't do it but the band is still the suckiest band that is ever famous and the album was like someone took a dump on my phone. thanks bye

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

boarddad wrote:
I do think that the experience as a whole has been greatly diminished in the process. in the old, vinyl record days you would not only get the music, but you got it packaged in the sequence the artist WANTED you to hear it - kindof like seeing the whole movie rather than just the trailer. Not only that, but you would also get all the cool artwork, lyrics, liner notes etc. Carefully slipping the record out of the sleeve and cueing up the record was PART of the experience.

which is exactly why i still listen to vinyl! (well not all the time because my set up is in the garage) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 am 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Go to the Crapple page for a free removal.. surprised they didn't charge $0.99+ for this..

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects ... fferOptOut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:41 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

mspamelablythe wrote:

Yeah, it's what I do to supplement my pension...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next