Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 pm 
Offline
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm
Posts: 5423
Location: Mammoth Lakes
can i help with testing?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:39 pm 
Offline
Climax
Climax
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:41 am
Posts: 2559
+1 for any testing that can be done in Orange County. ;)

_________________
If you get caught driving too fast to Mammoth, check out this on-line Traffic School. It's funny, quick, and easy. If you copy the link we will each get a $2 rebate. Thanks. http://www.trafficinteractive.com/referral.asp#oid=1989_1


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:17 pm 
Offline
Sesame street
Sesame street

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 2
Hey Mammoth I am super excited for this season can't wait to use my new burton driver x snowboard boots. I just want ot know if there is any update on when your app will be hitting the android market????

also if you are impatient and want an app to track your runs check this out. http://www.alpinereplay.com/landing

Also I would love to help test the app if you need testers I used to do QA testing on video games


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:57 pm 
Offline
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
App is in the market now! It's a BETA though as I found a couple issues that we are working out. I hope to have another update for it next week. However feel free to tinker on it and give me your feedback!

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... W1vdGgiXQ..


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:10 pm 
Offline
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm
Posts: 5423
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Had zero downloads...I think I might be the first one lol. Ill let you know how well it runs tonorrow on the mtn.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 pm 
Offline
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
snowboard247 wrote:
Had zero downloads...I think I might be the first one lol. Ill let you know how well it runs tonorrow on the mtn.


Thanks, like I said it's a beta so don't be to harsh in the review if things are broken ^_^


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm 
Offline
Sesame street
Sesame street

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 2
Downloading now can't wait to play with it at work and then again once I get up to mountain first one to +1 on google plus ;)



Played with it for awhile and here are my thoughts:

So initial impression this is a pretty cool app. It runs very smoothly and quickly on my Droid X running stock 2.3 gingerbread OS. I am trying to do things quickly hit every link then go back basically seeing if it will crash and it hasn't :D I am not in mammoth so I cannot try the tracking feature which is the main reason I wanted this app for droid. Knowing that this phone gobbles juice when the GPS is active I might want to bring a backup battery the first time I use this feature on the slopes (power management is a big concern for most droid users I know). One comment I would have is the app stays in portrait mode, I wish the app would go into landscape view for better viewing. This is most noticeable with the trail/village/town maps and web cam. Also it would be nice if the images for the maps where a little better resolution. They got grainy when zooming in. Now this next item is just a personal preference I prefer the pinch to zoom in and out method not the press and hold till it vibrates then slide your finger to zoom in and out again this is just a personal preference. Overall without being able to play with the tracking feature I would say this is a very solid app 4 out of 5 stars!!!! Thank you Mammoth!!!!! :D


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:20 pm 
Offline
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
Bates121 wrote:
Downloading now can't wait to play with it at work and then again once I get up to mountain first one to +1 on google plus ;)



Played with it for awhile and here are my thoughts:

So initial impression this is a pretty cool app. It runs very smoothly and quickly on my Droid X running stock 2.3 gingerbread OS. I am trying to do things quickly hit every link then go back basically seeing if it will crash and it hasn't :D I am not in mammoth so I cannot try the tracking feature which is the main reason I wanted this app for droid. Knowing that this phone gobbles juice when the GPS is active I might want to bring a backup battery the first time I use this feature on the slopes (power management is a big concern for most droid users I know). One comment I would have is the app stays in portrait mode, I wish the app would go into landscape view for better viewing. This is most noticeable with the trail/village/town maps and web cam. Also it would be nice if the images for the maps where a little better resolution. They got grainy when zooming in. Now this next item is just a personal preference I prefer the pinch to zoom in and out method not the press and hold till it vibrates then slide your finger to zoom in and out again this is just a personal preference. Overall without being able to play with the tracking feature I would say this is a very solid app 4 out of 5 stars!!!! Thank you Mammoth!!!!! :D


Thank you for the feedback. The Portrait/Landscape mode is something we are working on right now. It's really key for the webcams for it to be able to switch. I agree to with the pinch and zoom, we debating this a bit and found a lot of droid apps use the hold and drags.. I lost that one :(


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:12 am 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 12201
Is there a technical reason the app can't be moved to the SD card? My phone doesn't have much internal memory so I deleted it after installing it due to low space.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:07 pm 
Offline
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Is there a technical reason the app can't be moved to the SD card? My phone doesn't have much internal memory so I deleted it after installing it due to low space.


You know I'm not really sure, I'll ask the developers.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 12201
brahm wrote:
SurfnSnowboard wrote:
Is there a technical reason the app can't be moved to the SD card? My phone doesn't have much internal memory so I deleted it after installing it due to low space.


You know I'm not really sure, I'll ask the developers.


Thanks Brahm. I tested out all of the features that I could and they all worked. Definitely a nice little app.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:13 am 
Offline
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm
Posts: 5423
Location: Mammoth Lakes
The tracking feature worked horrendously for me today. Had me traveling down to hole 5 on the golf course from the top of chair 2 about a dozen times today.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:46 am 
Offline
Climax
Climax

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 2372
Location: 3 Sheets to the Wind and 4 cards to the Flush
snowboard247 wrote:
The tracking feature worked horrendously for me today. Had me traveling down to hole 5 on the golf course from the top of chair 2 about a dozen times today.


Wow...and here I've been climbing Sherwin ridge all these years when I could've just dropped it from chair 2?

:rofl:

_________________
Biker395 wrote:
All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:58 pm 
Offline
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Mammoth Lakes, CA
snowboard247 wrote:
The tracking feature worked horrendously for me today. Had me traveling down to hole 5 on the golf course from the top of chair 2 about a dozen times today.


Thanks for checking it out we are having some issues with the tracking. Newest version has it disabled since it's so off. It's still a beta app. We are working to get this fixed and back up asap once the tracking is good we will officially release it.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 pm 
Offline
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm
Posts: 5423
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Ask the programmers of alpine replay how they got it right. Have been using it the last 10 days I have been on the mountain and it works great!


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group