Forums
It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mammoth app for droid?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

used the app yesterday and the tracking was really bad. it was disabled earlier and then after update it got enabled but it doesn't work well at all.

Success Lies in Courage.
Reaching the Summit is optional, Getting back down is mandatory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:49 am 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

desidiver wrote:
used the app yesterday and the tracking was really bad. it was disabled earlier and then after update it got enabled but it doesn't work well at all.

Yes, we are working on it. I have a new update going up today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:42 pm 
Climax
Climax

Any word on the new update? No news is good news maybe? :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:19 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

There was an update for me this morning. ver .28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 am 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

Droid version updated last nite. A new iphone version is pushing out but they are still looking into the MPH issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:08 pm 
Climax
Climax

I'm fairly tech saavy, but I couldn't get the droid app to work for me last weekend? I enabled the tracking (turned it "on") but at one point I saw it had turned off by itself, having produced no results, and after reactivating it when I noticed..the following 2-3 hours of riding also produced no results. The GPS on my phone WAS on FTR..and the battery drain that other users had reported seemed to indicate the program was indeed using considerable resources. Also, when I went to the map feature and clicked on "find me" it (with mild degrees of success/reliability) WAS able to do it.

I guess this isn't a beta test or support forum, but if anyone has any suggestions about anything I might be doing wrong...please feel free!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

now all of sudden the new .30 update isn't compatible with my dell streak anymore. really weird, i am running android 2.2 and most the apps are compatible,

Success Lies in Courage.
Reaching the Summit is optional, Getting back down is mandatory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

All of my tracking data disappeared. :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

This isn't about the droid app but I was wondering if in the app we could change a setting to get the lifts displayed in order from 1 to 25 and with just the numbers in stead of the names. That's how I think about them so it would be nice to be able to look at them that way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 pm 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

JohnLemieux wrote:
This isn't about the droid app but I was wondering if in the app we could change a setting to get the lifts displayed in order from 1 to 25 and with just the numbers in stead of the names. That's how I think about them so it would be nice to be able to look at them that way.

We've had a lot of talk about that, our goal is to setup the lifts in the same order every where you see them so it's consistent when you look at any super sign, mobile app, trail map, web site, etc. Unfortunately most people these days don't use the numbers and for somebody who isn't familiar with the old number system. It can be a confusing when chair 1 surrounded by 6 and 11, and chair 2, 3, and 4 are all in separate areas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

brahm wrote:
JohnLemieux wrote:

We've had a lot of talk about that, our goal is to setup the lifts in the same order every where you see them so it's consistent when you look at any super sign, mobile app, trail map, web site, etc. Unfortunately most people these days don't use the numbers and for somebody who isn't familiar with the old number system. It can be a confusing when chair 1 surrounded by 6 and 11, and chair 2, 3, and 4 are all in separate areas.

Would it be too hard to have an option in the settings to be able to chose which display you prefer?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 pm 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

JohnLemieux wrote:
brahm wrote:
JohnLemieux wrote:

Would it be too hard to have an option in the settings to be able to chose which display you prefer?

No, but it would create inconsistency across the different channels of communicating lift information.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Any idea when the Mammoth App will work on the Nexus7 Tablet? Or other Tablets? I can only get it to work on my Phone these days.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm 
Climax
Climax

I cannot get anything to work on my Droid Maxx. I believe that at one time everything worked, then the next release only the web cams worked, and now nothing works. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help.

If you get caught driving too fast to Mammoth, check out this on-line Traffic School. It's funny, quick, and easy. If you copy the link we will each get a $2 rebate. Thanks. http://www.trafficinteractive.com/referral.asp#oid=1989_1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 pm 
Climax
Climax

skibum4ever wrote:
I cannot get anything to work on my Droid Maxx. I believe that at one time everything worked, then the next release only the web cams worked, and now nothing works. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help.

I doubt anyone is monitoring this thread anymore. FWIW, I think the android application is an also ran to the Iphone app for MM. I had extremely limited luck with it ever since it came out and I don't expect that to change this year.

Edit: BTW, I'm thinking of upgrading to your phone soon. You like it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next