Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

ShiftyRider wrote:
Did he mention anything about snow, fun, feeling more alive?

he said snow was great, it was a lot fun and he is not dead.

Post subject: Re: $8 for a locker? Seriously?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:57 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

Hmmm....the only logical reason that I could see....raising the price 4 times from $2 to $8....was that they had really meant to raise it to $3...but the poor chap that read the memo....couldn't read the writing and misread the 3 for an 8....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Got my season locker renewal notice. Pleasantly surprised when I read “We are pleased to announce that season locker prices have stayed the same as last season”. Was expecting a huge increase.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:36 am 
Climax
Climax

Maybe a rollback of locker fees is in order. They can't have made very much money on $8 lockers this year. I bet most of us have not used the lockers a single time, though there were a number of snowy days when I would have really preferred to leave our skis at Canyon.

How much would you be willing to pay for a daily use locker next season?

I vote that for $4.00 I would use it, mainly on tough weather days. For $3.00 we would probably use it pretty often, as we used to for $2.00.

If you get caught driving too fast to Mammoth, check out this on-line Traffic School. It's funny, quick, and easy. If you copy the link we will each get a $2 rebate. Thanks. http://www.trafficinteractive.com/referral.asp#oid=1989_1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

As I have said before.... This may very well be the dumbest thing the mountain has ever done. And it leaves people with a feeling of being bent over. I won't pay over $2.50 per entry. I have a feeling they are up to something with the lockers. We don't need new fancy lockers. Just give us back our functional and affordable lockers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:59 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Photoho wrote:
... it leaves people with a feeling of being bent over. I won't pay over $2.50 per entry.

There is a great straight line in there somewhere.

Gotta say ... I agree. I'm hip to inflated prices for ski resort services, but $8/entry comes too close to buggery for my taste. I'd sooner hoof it in my boots.

ImageImage
www.Photo395.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
Biker395 wrote:
I'd sooner hoof it in my boots.

That's what the kids are calling it these days......

Post subject: Re: $8 for a locker? Seriously? Now $325?!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:56 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

just received my locker renewal $325!!! Are you guys NUTS? not even discount for season locker holders. I checked with my friends in other resorts ski areas. and they are less money PLUS they get private locker room, hot chocolate, a place to wax the skis and boards, boot warmers and boot check.

We get crap! Nada. My first locker was $35, (yes, ive been going to mammoth a long time). I love the mountain, but with this price its about to price us out of the locker market. a lot of my friends have 2 lockers and they are giving them up also.

Mammoth is not even keeping up with other resorts. When my friends visit, they die on the slow lifts and the $95 ticket price. They think its a joke. they love the mountain, but HATE the lift system since it is sooo outdated. One lift to top, gondi, and 23 is not even high speed. That plus all the backside, still slow doubles, Mammoth still has at least 10 antiquated lifts, doubles and triples slow chairs. For the price of other resorts, where they have all high speed chairs.

HOw do we expect to be a world class destination resort when our lifts, well, they suck.? just what ive heard from people visiting from Tahoe area, and Vail, Beaver Creek.

With all the $$ from those $95 lift tickets, maybe well get a new high speed chair this year. probably chair 5 is what im thinking. We are so Far behind. Wasnt bad when the lift tix were affordable, but now, It would cost less to fly to a really Great resort for less, so why would anyone want to come to Mammoth with all its LA trash coming up every weekend?

sorry about the rant. just $325 for a tiny ass locker is ridiculous. I'll carry them and drive up to the lodge for that. just add to the more traffic they are trying to reduce..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:15 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

LVTOSKI wrote:
Got my season locker renewal notice. Pleasantly surprised when I read “We are pleased to announce that season locker prices have stayed the same as last season”. Was expecting a huge increase.

Received mine, too, but what MMSA said in their email does not appear to be true. The season locker prices did NOT stay the same as last season. They are not providing their past discount to MVP holders and the lockers have increased by $50. I paid $275 for my locker at Main Lodge last year (with the old discount) and now it's $325. This will give me pause to figure out whether a locker is worth it to me or not due to my limited number of ski days. Since MMSA has extended the renewal time to late August this will allow me time to figure it out. :?:

Post subject: Re: $8 for a locker? Seriously? Now $325?!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

bch2mtns wrote:
Mammoth is not even keeping up with other resorts. When my friends visit, they die on the slow lifts and the $95 ticket price. They think its a joke. they love the mountain, but HATE the lift system since it is sooo outdated. One lift to top, gondi, and 23 is not even high speed. That plus all the backside, still slow doubles, Mammoth still has at least 10 antiquated lifts, doubles and triples slow chairs. For the price of other resorts, where they have all high speed chairs.

HOw do we expect to be a world class destination resort when our lifts, well, they suck.? just what ive heard from people visiting from Tahoe area, and Vail, Beaver Creek.

With all the $$ from those $95 lift tickets, maybe well get a new high speed chair this year. probably chair 5 is what im thinking. We are so Far behind. Wasnt bad when the lift tix were affordable, but now, It would cost less to fly to a really Great resort for less, so why would anyone want to come to Mammoth with all its LA trash coming up every weekend?

Seriously? Every resort in Tahoe still has old lifts...I've never been to a resort with entirely high speed quads. It costs between $6-8 million for a High Speed Quad lift, and generally construction crews can do only 1 per summer, especiallu with mammoths short summers. But yes, construction crews are working on chair 5; it is being turned into a high speed quad as we speak. Mammoth has 11 high speed quads. That is more lifts than most mountains have total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Sierra Lady wrote:
Received mine, too, but what MMSA said in their email does not appear to be true. The season locker prices did NOT stay the same as last season. They are not providing their past discount to MVP holders and the lockers have increased by $50. I paid $275 for my locker at Main Lodge last year (with the old discount) and now it's $325. This will give me pause to figure out whether a locker is worth it to me or not due to my limited number of ski days. Since MMSA has extended the renewal time to late August this will allow me time to figure it out. :?:

Who says that MMSA doesn't read this forum and respond to feedback? Received this revised locker renewal email this afternoon:

Quote:
We received some feedback on the email we sent Monday regarding locker renewals and we have added a new savings option for those who do not wish to use their pass cash. 2011/12 Season Locker pricing remains the same as last year’s regular season rates and you can choose one of the following discount options:

• You CAN use your pass cash (with Bonus money) to renew your locker*
–OR-
• There is a $50 Early Bird discount for guests who renew before July 8, 2011 and choose not to use Pass Cash ($50 discount cannot be applied to purchases using Pass Cash).

So, your options are 1. Use your Pass Cash to renew your locker for the 2011/12 season or 2. Save $50 and use another method of payment to renew your locker. For the best deal, call 800.MAMMOTH before July 8 or stop into Main Lodge Rental Shop to renew!

Okay, now that's more like it! Thanks MMSA for listening!! :y: :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

I guess maybe the mountain does read these-either that or they received a lot of complaints about the price. Anyway, i did get the email about the $50 less for the locker. Guess that was enough to make me keep it at least another year.
so thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:13 am 
Climax
Climax

But what about day lockers?

If you get caught driving too fast to Mammoth, check out this on-line Traffic School. It's funny, quick, and easy. If you copy the link we will each get a $2 rebate. Thanks. http://www.trafficinteractive.com/referral.asp#oid=1989_1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 am 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Read the forum? Maybe people just emailed them back and said f this price we are out.

http://mammothsnowman.com
http://discovermammoth.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 am 
Climax
Climax

Maybe someone should be creative and come up with a Vendor Idea, like a trailor with lockers in it. Myself, I do not think $8.00 is that big of a deal. Some resorts don' even have lockers.

... You have to have a real love of your sport to carry you through all the bad times, you still want to ski even when things aren't working. You must have a commitment to work hard and to never give up. - Nancy Greene

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next