Forums
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: New Policy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:50 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
^I do believe that's the first Chris Farley reference I've seen this year. Well done, sir.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

My two year old jacket doesn't have a window either, but I have a fix:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:07 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Someone please clarify for me. I usually see the lifties scanning with the barcode reader (seeing the actual red laser). Is there an RF chip in our MVP passes as well that allowed them to scan while still in the pocket? I've seen some scan before but I thought they just had some special pass or something

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 pm 
Climax
Climax

mspamelablythe wrote:
Jbaysurfer wrote:
If you have more then one jacket, or pants, or wherever you connect it, you gotta remember to switch it out or you might end up at the lift without it.

If you're switching clothes you'd have to do that regardless, right?

aberg38 wrote:
Don't you guys have pass pockets in your jackets? Every jacket I have bought since '00 has a pass pocket. :?:

Me too, though I think my lighter jacket doesn't have one. Funny thing though, my lift ticket would almost never scan when it was in the pass pocket/window thing. I was looking forward to seeing if the pass did better than a ticket.

yeah, that was more a PSA then anything. I fully expected somebody to comment on this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:32 pm 
Climax
Climax

ConanOBrien wrote:
Someone please clarify for me. I usually see the lifties scanning with the barcode reader (seeing the actual red laser). Is there an RF chip in our MVP passes as well that allowed them to scan while still in the pocket? I've seen some scan before but I thought they just had some special pass or something

Yeah, that's what the whole discussion is about. The MVP pass can be scanned inside your pocket as long as it's not buried too deep, or (in my experience) right next to a an Ipod with the power on.

But it doesn't matter because of....well I'm not sure why. But it doesn't matter because you've got to have it out of your pocket now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm 
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...
Jbaysurfer wrote:
yeah, that was more a PSA then anything. I fully expected somebody to comment on this.

Not sure why, but that really made me laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:27 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

well, i guess i jinxed myself... got a new jacket recently, while it has a pocket for my pass, it does not have a window, so i had to use a strap to attach my pass to myself to be visible...

-edit- nevermind, called to freeze the passcash and they told me someone found it... my day just got a whole lot better :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Jbaysurfer wrote:
ConanOBrien wrote:

Yeah, that's what the whole discussion is about. The MVP pass can be scanned inside your pocket as long as it's not buried too deep, or (in my experience) right next to a an Ipod with the power on.

But it doesn't matter because of....well I'm not sure why. But it doesn't matter because you've got to have it out of your pocket now.

I've recently been running into an issue where I get double scanned on one wave within seconds of each other. The first time with the RF, 2nd time with the barcode (or vise versa).

Of course the first scan emits a beep and the 2nd scan emits the loud "EHHHHHH" DENIED. And then the lifty asks me if I was just on this lift.... and I have to be the one to explain that he double scanned it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7