ShiftyRider wrote:
WORST THREAD, FREAKS

Where's The, French crepes?

:(

Post subject: Re: Inferance to bad language is offensive
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:53 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

I agree with GWAP. We should be able to converse and entertain without being bleeping vulgar.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:11 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

SurfnSnowboard wrote:
brahm wrote:
No, I'm not going to make it so every post requires to be pre-approved before it can go live, like on the housing forum. We barely have time to keep up with approving the housing posts. No way we will have time to read/verify every post made for some obscure acronyms that constantly change. The reason for not allowing "bad language" is to keep the forum "family friendly" using acronyms obfuscates the language enough that it shouldn't be an issue with the exception of some very astute children. If you are are offended by acronyms may I suggest giving them your own meaning. WTF = WHAT THE FLOUNDER!

Instead of having the mods pre-approve all posts, just set it up so all posts must be approved by a majority of forums members first by popular vote. Maybe you can even do it like American Idol and allow people to text in their votes. Only the best posts would get through and we wouldn't need Shifty to request new topics and create a "worst thread ever" poll.

Sounds good huh?

If that were the case, I would never be able to post anything.

I just think that censoring acronmyms like this is going overboard, and some people just need to grow a "Thicker skin" so to say. Maybe I'm just predispotioned to this because of my background of growing up in a multi-racial, Jewish/Catholic family where getting teased at Catholic school for being a "Jew" was common place. People are going to say things that might offend you, its human nature.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:51 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

brahm wrote:
No, I'm not going to make it so every post requires to be pre-approved before it can go live, like on the housing forum. We barely have time to keep up with approving the housing posts. No way we will have time to read/verify every post made for some obscure acronyms that constantly change. The reason for not allowing "bad language" is to keep the forum "family friendly" using acronyms obfuscates the language enough that it shouldn't be an issue with the exception of some very astute children. If you are are offended by acronyms may I suggest giving them your own meaning. WTF = WHAT THE FLOUNDER!

10 points for using "obfuscates" in a sentence. And and extra 20 points to Griffindor for the ENTIRE post. Loved it! WTF is up w/people? I mean srsly. LOLz.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:53 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

LBSkier wrote:
brahm wrote:

10 points for using "obfuscates" in a sentence. And and extra 20 points to Griffindor for the ENTIRE post. Loved it! WTF is up w/people? I mean srsly. LOLz.

LMAO!!!