Forums
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Could We PLEASE...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Lift the 700px limit on images... I understand the need to keep people from posting huge images that make the page take forever to load, but when I cant even post a pic from my photobucket account which is already downsized by photobucket...??... Well. :swear:

MM Forums wrote:
Your images may only be up to 700 pixels wide.

Post subject: Re: Could We PLEASE...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

I agree. 800x600 at least, would be a sensible standard to limit beyond 640x480.

Edit: Maybe we're in the wrong forum to b!tch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 am 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

no it's a limitation of the site design, can't go wider then 700.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

brahm wrote:

No it's not, I run one of these boards.... its in the board configuration attachment settings... leave the dimensions at 0px by 0px to disable dimension checking, or set the limit higher.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:36 pm 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

6IX wrote:
brahm wrote:

No it's not, I run one of these boards.... its in the board configuration attachment settings... leave the dimensions at 0px by 0px to disable dimension checking, or set the limit higher.

Yes it is, not a limitation of the software, but a limitation of the site design. Meaning if we switch to allow larger images outside of the dl times, it will blow out the graphics, and destroy the overall design of the site.

(header - information panel - padding) = 700px wide text (or image) window on the left.

Phobobucket, is a poor service anyways use something that auto downsizes and gives you options of which to hot link, and doesn't take the ability to hot link the image away if to many people view it. (ex: this is what i see for the photobucket avatars.. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/ ... id_url.gif)

Pbase gives me a Small/Medium/Large or Original.. like flickr (square, thumbnail, small, medium, large). Which allows me to accommodate my photo needs for different forums.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:26 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

I hear ya, but dont have that problem because I run the subSilver theme which places the personal info on the left, and the message column on the right. That way, if larger images are linked, the right of the page simply extends out and a scrollbar appears at the bottom. I could see how it'd be a problem with the default theme on this phpBB 3.0 board though.

If you study semiotics, it is a generally accepted rule that navigation and/or static info is usually placed on the left side of an interface, while the dynamic / selective info is placed in the center / right... Thats why I never liked that right side avatar setup.... just seemed off, besides the fact that it blows the page out if the content gets too large in the message column. :emo: Just sayin. :rofl:

http://www.exarteproductions.com/Msg.Bo ... ?f=7&t=436

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

completly agree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 pm 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

While I thank you for your feedback, your are missing the issue. The forum template isn't the problem, or phpbb3.0. It's the way the site, and forums are designed, the header is a fixed width and a static image, not just a transparent gif tossed on a gray background. I understand your concern, but the answer is no. We are not going to revamp the forums and destroy the design, look and feel for this. There are plenty of options of free places to host images that will do automatic resizing which makes this a non issue.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]