Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: what the heck is going on?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:37 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Quote:
This has been addressed many times including another thread which you brought it up in, please don't make duplicate posts, and please use the search. Also use the correct forums, this is not a Winter Activity.

WTH is going on? If I did mention the back button not working twice, I had a good reason, :!: the solution given in the thread did not work. I bring up a message about why when you click on the IE back button you get a message saying webpage has expired, and you
1) bring up a big hub bub about the message being in the incorrect forum, "this is not a winter activity". HELLO?? :!: This is not posted in the winter area, it is posted on the feedback section,you know where it belongs
2) YOU LOCK THE THREAD!! Everytime someone mentions a bug in the software are you going to lock the thread? How about this for power, make the posters who bring up these points GO AWAY

3) I did do a search, I found one topic where it was stated if you uncheck the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option in the Security settings the problem will be fixed. You are being defensive as all bleep about any mention of a flaw in these forums. Tell me not to post in winter forum, WHEN I AM NOT, I AM POSTING ON FEEDBACK, you lock the thread when everyone has acted reasonable?? Plus about 3 other things you went on the defensive about when you were wrong!

That box WAS unchecked. was unchecked like it was supposed to be and not working :!:

So wth is up with locking threads where everyone is being civil, yelling at people for posting in the winter forum when they actually posted in the site & technical help, tell the person to use search when they did and it did not help out?

Post subject: Re: what the heck is going on?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:17 am 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Not meaning to be the devils advocate, but I remember that you originally posted it in the "Winter Activities" section... perhaps you erred??? He moved it over to the "Site & Technical Help" section when he responded...

Another thing to try with IE is go to "Tools", click on "Internet Options". In the "General" tab (which should be already open on default) under the "Browsing History" click on "Settings". Where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages" check "Automatically" or "Every time I start IE" (try both if the other doesn't work). Under the "Disk space to use" be sure it has the minimum 50 MB recomended. This is for IE8. On a side note, you can click on "View Files" to find out where a computer has been on the internet, even if you or someone else deletes the history...

Note: You may have to manually refresh web pages to view any updates to the site, such as new posts...

Post subject: Re: what the heck is going on?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 am 
MMSA Staff
MMSA Staff

mtashland wrote:
Quote:
This has been addressed many times including another thread which you brought it up in, please don't make duplicate posts, and please use the search. Also use the correct forums, this is not a Winter Activity.

WTH is going on? If I did mention the back button not working twice, I had a good reason, :!: the solution given in the thread did not work. I bring up a message about why when you click on the IE back button you get a message saying webpage has expired, and you
1) bring up a big hub bub about the message being in the incorrect forum, "this is not a winter activity". HELLO?? :!: This is not posted in the winter area, it is posted on the feedback section,you know where it belongs
2) YOU LOCK THE THREAD!! Everytime someone mentions a bug in the software are you going to lock the thread? How about this for power, make the posters who bring up these points GO AWAY

3) I did do a search, I found one topic where it was stated if you uncheck the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option in the Security settings the problem will be fixed. You are being defensive as all bleep about any mention of a flaw in these forums. Tell me not to post in winter forum, WHEN I AM NOT, I AM POSTING ON FEEDBACK, you lock the thread when everyone has acted reasonable?? Plus about 3 other things you went on the defensive about when you were wrong!

That box WAS unchecked. was unchecked like it was supposed to be and not working :!:

So wth is up with locking threads where everyone is being civil, yelling at people for posting in the winter forum when they actually posted in the site & technical help, tell the person to use search when they did and it did not help out?

1) You did post it under the winter actives thread. I moved it.
2) Your questions/points had already been addressed and answered, hence the locked thread. There is no need to hash over the same issue AGAIN, and AGAIN.
3) There is nothing wrong with the back button. While I'm not going to spend an hour giving you a lesson on how dynamic content works on the web. Please take the time to familiarize your self a bit more about how forums work both on a functional and a community level, before you start complaining about every little thing.
4) Don't sit here and beat up on the mods/admins If you have an issue send us a PM or email and we can discuss it. Challenging Mods/admins on the forum is a sure fire way to get posts locked/removed and banned. Welcome to the world of online forums.
5) We have no way to parse you message ahead of time and tell you if the content you are about to post is appropriate for the forum you are going to post it in.. really.. see # 3
6) Last but not least, you've been here less then a month and have been posting non-stop, please before you get so critical about how we do things here. Spend a little time on our forums, and get used to how things are run, learn how the staff works, how the community works, and how the forum functions. Quit blaming the software for things that aren't the software fault, and quit screaming for change or going on about how we do everything wrong. You are the new member and the guests to our community. Relax, go with the flow try to have some fun. While we do appreciate your feedback try to see things our way a bit for you get your feathers in a bunch, and if you truly do have an error ie error screen, or suggestions feel free to make them.. but if you do.. Do so in a positive manner, in the appropriate forum, and only once. So before you post, please remember we are all here to have a good time, and we have been running things this way for a long time, while we welcome criticism and feedback we have a large community all of which have opinions and thoughts on the matter as well, you're not the only member. Many of the choices we have to make are for the benefit of the community as a whole and may not appease one specific user. So if you are going to take the time to post please feedback please be as constructive as possible, I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate people coming to you work/home/whatever and as soon as they walk in the door ripping into you and telling you how everything sucks.

Thanks again
MMSA Staff :)

/THREAD LOCKED IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE THIS LINE OF CONVERSATION. Please PM, or email bgoodis@mammoth-mtn.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]