Forums
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction and request
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:17 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Hi, I'm a newspaper editor in Los Angeles and often drive up to Mammoth in the winter to cross-country ski (hurt my knee and can't downhill anymore). I was reading the Fishing Mammoth Creek item under the forums and looking at a gorgeous shot by The Snowman while seeking a public-use picture of Mammoth Creek to go with a story we are publishing next Thursday about the effort by the LA Dept of Water and Power to charge the city of Mammoth for the Mammoth Creek water.

Anyway, I thought while I was looking at all the gorgeous photos you folks take up there for your blog, I might as well join your forum. I hope everyone got through the dry winter okay, and that all is well despite the bankruptcy troubles. I know the city has had a tough year and a lot of us down south are pulling for you.

By the way, I am still seeking a lovely high-res shot of Mammoth Creek that we can use here at LA Weekly. We can give full credit but sadly cannot pay -- no budget for it. My deadline is Monday, August 20.

Despite the lack of snow last Christmas, my family had a terrific time as always in Mammoth. So hang in there, folks. jstewart@laweekly.com. -- Jillo