Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Mammoth first timers + Xmas Q
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Hey everyone,

I'm Bea and my partner is Rod, we're currently living in Mexico (Playa del Carmen for those interested). We're avid, long time skiiers and are keen to escape the tropical humidity in the winter and make it up some snow-packed (hopefully) mountains. This year we chose to discover Mammoth and we're getting really excited about it.

We have a little question though, maybe some of you could help out.
We'll be arriving on the 24th of december, staying at a rented cottage -i.e. self catering - and we're a little concerned about xmas dinner and if we should book somewhere before hand.

What do you say, will it be easy enough to find somewhere to eat that night? - we're not particularly fussy about going somewhere glam.
Or, should we book, and if so, where shall we book to eat that 's not too expensive?

Thank you so much for your help before hand.

Looking forward to getting to know the mountain

Post subject: Re: Hello from Mammoth first timers + Xmas Q
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 pm 
Rodger's Ridge

Welcome Bea!

There are many different restaurants in town from casual to fine dining. Check out their websites and menu descriptions on the Mammoth Lakes Tourism site:

http://www.visitmammoth.com/things-to-do/restaurants/

Many restaurants will offer a special Christmas dinner menu and set price for adults and children and take advance reservations. Once you find a place that appeals to you give them a call and see if they're putting on a special and if they're taking reservations then make them soon! Town is at it's very busiest from Christmas until New Year's so you don't want to be left out in the cold waiting in line on Christmas Day for a decent place to dine.

Enjoy getting to know Mammoth Lakes and Mammoth Mountain...it's a wonderful place! :) (But I'm partial since I've been a resident here for 30 yrs. ;) )

www.mammothmuseum.org

Post subject: Re: Hello from Mammoth first timers + Xmas Q
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Thank you so much Sierra Lady for the information and the warning. We'll have a look at the list and be sure to book in advance then!