Forums
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Planning a Mammoth vacation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:46 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Hello everyone,

My initial plan was to go to Vegas with my spouse, and we've booked a hotel and flights (she's flying in from Miami with a friend), she noticed that i'd rather be snowboarding than stay a week in Vegas, we looked into canceling, but the cancellation fee is unreasonable.
Regarding that fact, I received a free "pass" from her to go do what I love from 12/20-12/26 (i'll be landing on the 20th in Vegas airport) and I was looking to find cheap accommodation, a room or a bed for less than 90$ a day.
Being a 32 year old student from NY, it's too pricey to be paying for 2 hotels...
I've looked around various websites and couldn't find any deals that would suit me, besides staying in Bishop, but taking into consideration the 30$ minimum for a car every day +65-70$ accommodation + gas$ - means that I rather rent a car in the airport, drop it in Mammoth lakes, and stay there for the entire duration.
I know that holiday times are the most expensive, and probably overcrowded, yet maybe i'll get lucky...
Do you have any ideas ??

Thanks,

Ben