Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline
Climax
Climax
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:04 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: South facing foothills of the Santa Susanas
Same picture through hour 384 for GFS(12/20).... any drier and the liquor stores will be shut on Sunday.
Image

_________________
"For every unfortunate they kill, they cure a thousand." - John Muir regarding the Sierra.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
Dave's Run
Dave's Run
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Orange County, CA
Yeah, as of right now, December is looking pretty abysmal

_________________
I will show you the dark side...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
Broadway
Broadway

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:37 am
Posts: 36
Bummer for sure, but we got base and the snow is still great so enjoy it and when it gets hard buy rum. :P


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 9151
Location: In the gurgling maw of the Pacific.
2NAKLLR wrote:
F off H.
Had to be said.

SGX is more diplomatic.

Image


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Posts: 391
I'm not panicking just yet but if that ridge continues into January I'm going to be very disappointed and extremely nervous. It better open up by Christmas. For once I'm not traveling during the holidays and I am planning on kicking back up at Mammoth for 10 days (usually I have to drive up on Friday and turn around on Sunday) I fully expect it to dump on Mammoth during that time period. I require 5-6 feet of snow minimum during that period. Hopefully things will start to loosen up around the 20th and then really open up just after Christmas. Please, Please, Please! I've been relatively good this year, please, please please!


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
Dave's Run
Dave's Run
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Orange County, CA
playfulcoyote wrote:
I'm not panicking just yet but if that ridge continues into January I'm going to be very disappointed and extremely nervous. It better open up by Christmas. For once I'm not traveling during the holidays and I am planning on kicking back up at Mammoth for 10 days (usually I have to drive up on Friday and turn around on Sunday) I fully expect it to dump on Mammoth during that time period. I require 5-6 feet of snow minimum during that period. Hopefully things will start to loosen up around the 20th and then really open up just after Christmas. Please, Please, Please! I've been relatively good this year, please, please please!


Well, then don't look at the latest GFS runs :shock:

_________________
I will show you the dark side...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 pm
Posts: 726
ocboarder wrote:

Well, then don't look at the latest GFS runs :shock:


The climate runs look hopeful for around 22-25.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Rodger's Ridge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 12314
FreshPow wrote:
ocboarder wrote:

Well, then don't look at the latest GFS runs :shock:


The climate runs look hopeful for around 22-25.

Now that is just desperation right there ;)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Posts: 391
ocboarder wrote:
playfulcoyote wrote:
I'm not panicking just yet but if that ridge continues into January I'm going to be very disappointed and extremely nervous. It better open up by Christmas. For once I'm not traveling during the holidays and I am planning on kicking back up at Mammoth for 10 days (usually I have to drive up on Friday and turn around on Sunday) I fully expect it to dump on Mammoth during that time period. I require 5-6 feet of snow minimum during that period. Hopefully things will start to loosen up around the 20th and then really open up just after Christmas. Please, Please, Please! I've been relatively good this year, please, please please!


Well, then don't look at the latest GFS runs :shock:


Groan! :(
That's alright, my powers of positive thinking are going to override that High. :y:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
Dave's Run
Dave's Run
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 1844
Let's keep this a jinx free zone. hahahaha


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am 
Offline
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 pm
Posts: 726
models hinting at PNA flipping to negative around the 20th....


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 pm
Posts: 726
The NCEP CFSv2 really wants to give us a white Christmas.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 9151
Location: In the gurgling maw of the Pacific.
Image

The jet is dynamic dipping below HI for some snow for them then straight up slamming AK w a N-S AR, over into NAM and down E of the Rockies down into GOM.
We get H.
Image

For now.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 1521
It's so dry I feel like a brat on the BBQ - my fingers are splitting - is the head next? The GFS is totally depressing...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: December Weather
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
Dave's Run
Dave's Run
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Orange County, CA
yeah... GFS has ridge city basically through the entire month

_________________
I will show you the dark side...


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group