Forums
It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Late season unbound
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:21 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Well aside from almost getting landed on twice, and being yelled at for trying to do jump maintenance, the people who ride "the smaller parks" really have no respect for the park crew or the work that we do. Yea I might hear a word or two when it comes to touching up jumps in main, but the riders/skiers who know what we are doing appreciate it. The ones who ride the smaller parks......not so much. Its nothing but complaints. Its just the way it is. I'm sure there are people who ride the smaller parks who appreciate what we do, but you are the minority. I have to check my 6 every time I am slipping forest jumps cause 9/10 someone is dropping right behind me and will not hesitate to land on me......then try to place the blame cause I was downhill of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

"I may go up and take some before, mid and after pictures to really show why this is a huge issue. People are going to get hurt, landing in a rut is torture and it seems to be a constant on features that get hit more often."

Also, bombholes / landing ruts are an inevitability and CAN NOT be fixed by hand work. It's a simple fact that come with the physics of snow. Unless everything gets closed down, ruts/holes gets filled and it sets overnight, they will appear again in a matter of minutes. Salting landings is the only solution....and I doubt people would like that much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

um... why would people not like salting the landings? As long as they are raked every so often i don't think anyone will have a major issue. I'm not trying to be a richard, but seriously, what is wrong with salting them? I do not know much about how it works but I can definitely say I have seen it at other resorts, with no complaints.

As far as getting landed on, I totally agree with you. but just close down the jump with a sled or a few boards/rakes in the way. I could be wrong, but how hard would it be to get a big orange sign on a probe that says "feature closed"?

By the way, the Grand Prix set up on broadway looks unbelievable!!!!!! The 2 section stair case and then the feature - gap, holy hell you guys are nuts for even dreaming that! Nice work!