It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Late season unbound
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:17 pm 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Shay wrote:
mhrider wrote:
hey I will be up this wednesday, thursday, friday, and saturday. What park features are gonna be up?

Let's see.

Forest Trail might be up and running but make sure you have wax, it's slow in there. Jumps and jibs.

Spring Park has the pipe, 1 jump (big and small take off's) For jibs, flat box, rail and lift tower. I believe that's it. Trying to remember if it's a rail or box.

i believe its a rail...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Sierra Lady wrote:
Taken today, 6/27. This is the spring pipe and park at the base of Saddle Bowl on the backside of 3.

Are they serious with the top of that take off melted out? Seriously?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:19 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Ryan wrote:
Sierra Lady wrote:
Taken today, 6/27. This is the spring pipe and park at the base of Saddle Bowl on the backside of 3.

yup. and plenty of people were hitting it and having fun all day. Not a lot of other options on June 27th.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

snowboard247 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Sierra Lady wrote:

yup. and plenty of people were hitting it and having fun all day. Not a lot of other options on June 27th.

I have no doubts that it worked perfectly, little stuff that 99.9999% of the population doesn't notice really bothers me when it comes to terrain grooming and such. Especially when those little things shouldn't occur if proper maintenance is performed. Such is life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Ryan wrote:
snowboard247 wrote:
Ryan wrote:

I have no doubts that it worked perfectly, little stuff that 99.9999% of the population doesn't notice really bothers me when it comes to terrain grooming and such. Especially when those little things shouldn't occur if proper maintenance is performed. Such is life.

Luckily 99.9999% of the population aren't cat drivers/groomers ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Ryan wrote:
snowboard247 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Sierra Lady wrote:

just out of curiosity where do you work? and do you have any pictures of any jumps your mtn had on june 27th to compare?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:11 am 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

metal as fock wrote:
Ryan wrote:
snowboard247 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Sierra Lady wrote:

just out of curiosity where do you work? and do you have any pictures of any jumps your mtn had on june 27th to compare?

lawls.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:02 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

metal as fock wrote:
Ryan wrote:
snowboard247 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Sierra Lady wrote:

I don't care if it's mid-August, it's laziness. Unacceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:09 pm 
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Ryan, gotta ask. Have you worked with summer snow before? I know that really late in the season, grooming smooth & consistent becomes more difficult as the snow becomes much harder to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

I don't care if it's mid-August, it's laziness. Unacceptable.

Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

ryans 100% correct

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 am 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Ryan hit the nail on the head. Ive lived and ridden at mammoth mtn for 11 yrs now and i love the mountain and terrain parks, BUT, in the late late season at the end of the year the unbound is notoriously lazy. Its like theyre allergic to salt. Thats why our spring pipe sucks after the camps leave. Unbound wont throw one grain of salt on it. Its actually really sad when you think about the potential it could have. Its so so good all day when the camps are there because those coaches throw 3 bags of salt on it in the morning and that only takes 15 mins. Thats why hood is a pipe mecca in the summer and their pipes are so awesome. A pinch a salt and a dash of caring :oops: But we get a slushpit for a pipe, a suncupped lip and a sticky runin to the jump( that the public salted themselves this year). Lazyness!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

I agree with these guys. its like they refuse to work. you see em at the bottom of the pipe smokin stogs with there buddies all day. i honestly dont care what they smoke but a lil salt and rakeing would be nice. OR atleast leave a rake at the bottom of the jump for the guests to use

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Ryan is a park builder/groomer at mt high and does pretty good work from what I witnessed last season...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am 
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Although I love the MM parks... this is kind true. But I don't attribute it to lazy park guys... I point the finger at management (or staffing given the current situation). It's obvious the parks need more attention, even in the lighter months. I agree with all the salt comments, it seems we only use it when it is absolutely necessary. I am not skilled enough to be throwing down in Main Park, but being in Forest almost all day, not seeing one rake or one grain of salt reminded me of the east coast mountains. Everything gets rutted out and no one fixes it until the cats can make their way to it that night.

I may go up and take some before, mid and after pictures to really show why this is a huge issue. People are going to get hurt, landing in a rut is torture and it seems to be a constant on features that get hit more often.

Mammoth Park crew - if your listening, you guys do an incredible job with mixing things up and keeping it fun. Why not have one employee dedicated to touching up the smaller parks just once a day?