Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stomping Grounds Question???
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:06 am 
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

" mspamelablythe wrote:
^I guess I don't really understand why people think prices will never rise. I received an increase at work this past year, and I expect one next year. My job hasn't changed, nor has the amount of hours I put in. I assume that most people get increases each year, unless they are at minimum wage (and even then there are increases, just not always yearly). Wages increase, expenses increase and in turn revenue needs to increase in order to maintain a profitable business. I have no idea what it costs to keep the stomping grounds open, but I do know that if the revenue they generate from it doesn't cover the costs, you won't see as a permanent fixture. "

I wish my world worked this way. In a growing economy your scenario is right on. Not so much today. Lots of people have not gotten raises. A lot of these people have had their portion of their health benefits payments go way up with less coverage. Hours cut, or even laid off. All I know is that skiing as taken a bigger percentage of my income for the last 3 years. And things are bad enough here that I had a rent reduction on my office space. I have been here in this building for over 20 years and never seen more than 2 units vacant at any one time, and that was just for 30 to 45 days. We now have 40% vacancy which was 50% up until last month. And that is because someone rented space to store their belongings from loosing their house. I have had to get real creative the last few years to continue skiing. I can't imagine having a family and getting away with this. Things are kinda, maybe looking a smidge better. Here's hoping for a better 2011. I just try to keep laughing and smiling. I'm not sure if the glass is half full, or half empty. But i am convinced we could have saved a little money by buying a smaller glass. :D Have fun out there.

Last edited by Photoho on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:09 am 
Broadway
Broadway

It's all good. We all need to make more $ and support inflation. I can tell you though that at least a few of my friends working for MMSA did not get a raise this year & a few others were let go so MMSA can hire others for that same position at a lower rate. I do believe you are correct though, the shareholders need to make their investment make them as much money as possible no matter what methods are taken. At least they are not outsourcing to India.. :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 am 
Broadway
Broadway

I fail to see how charging to hit the bag with coaching is a big deal.

Copper which is the only other place I know with a learning tool like this also charges to get into "the barn" and that's not cheap at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

i think park city is charging also for their bag as well...charging makes lines smaller for it and helps out...gas prices dont stay same every year...and we all ***** about them going up...

side question...where is the pad(stomping grounds) at on the mountain???? time does the area close?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Anyone bitching about the added expense should try to go to any water ramp training facility in the world and see how much it costs, how difficult it is to get reservations, and all the other headaches involved. (airfare, lodging, cars...)

$20 is nothing for the amazing opportunity to learn from coaches who are running the stomping grounds. Over the weekend one coach, Dave, gave me so much great advice as I practiced everything I could get my head around. On top of that, when the freeride coaches were teaching the team members, they would always give advice to anyone who asked. I didn't ask, and they still helped me out tremendously.

This is the best addition mammoth has ever added. It gives you the ability to learn anything without the risk of breaking your neck. How Much Is That Worth?

j

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:01 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

:rofl: Wow! My buddy asked me about the Stomping Grounds. I told him I didn't know much about it, but he could probably get some info in the Unbound folder on the Mammoth Mountain forum. He came over here to lurk and then he replied with "Really?! Dude, it's a joke over there." and then he sent me the link to this thread. :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am 
Broadway
Broadway

Those things scare the absolute crap out of me.

Post subject: Stomping Grounds Video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:29 pm 
Broadway
Broadway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbo5SxIvReE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

"Shutedawg" Nice post, stomping grounds is awesome for the progression of snowboarding. Great job Mammoth.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:51 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

So each time I've been up they haven't had it open. Could it from the people that have been injured on the bags, or the one that overshot the bags that couldn't be overshot? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:25 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

where does it say the bags can't be overshot? the acro bags are like huge sails and if the wind is gusting too hard they can't open because they will blow away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

^not sure if it says that they can't be overshot, but he was told that so......

As for the bags being sails and blowing away I understand that. The problem is I've been up when the wind was blowing 5-10 mph and every time the bags weren't out. This was after I learned of the major injures.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:49 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Honestly speaking, with the amount of complaining you people are doing, it doesn't seem like you have the "required materials" to even hit something like an airbag, or even put it to proper use (for training and what not). To most people, this is not an amusement park ride, it is a serious facility to help those who are trying to step their game up to the next level. If you want to sit on the sidelines and cry all day about it not being up or costing extra, fine. Keep that stuff to yourself. Those who actually appreciate it being there and know how to use it, let alone being something that is open to the public will use it to improve their own skill set, regardless of what you complaining people cry about. Yeesh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

^Troll alert.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:38 pm 
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

maxpower88 wrote:
Grizzly Barfly wrote:
$40 gets you all day usage and you think that's a bad deal? Earth to Max, come in Max....

$40 + $92=bad deal

I agree... They should charge something to keep it honest and keep any bozo from wasting everyones time trying it because it's free to everyone... But $20, maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next