Forums
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TOP 5 Resorts in U.S. (for snowboarding)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:17 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

Hi Everyone!

So I'm doing a study on the best ski resorts in the U.S. for snowboarders and I thought this would be a great place to get people's opinions and insight on what they think are the best ski resort in terms of (parks,powder, steeps, trees, and resorts efforts to cater to snowboarders, etc) I know that since I am asking on this forum answers may be biased toward Mammoth but I'm sure you guys have been to a couple other resorts so any insight would be awesome.

Please list your [b]Top 5 Resorts for Overall Snowboard Experience[/b] and if you would briefly state why they belong there. I know that Transworld has these lists on their website but I wanna hear from the everyday boarder!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: TOP 5 Resorts in U.S. (for snowboarding)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:20 pm 
Climax
Climax

No fair looking at a magazine, resorts you have been to. So is this freestyle or freeride? Freeride is natural terrain for the experience and freestyle is how they kick it at Mammoth, tricks and such for the experience.

... You have to have a real love of your sport to carry you through all the bad times, you still want to ski even when things aren't working. You must have a commitment to work hard and to never give up. - Nancy Greene

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

I'm more concerned with Freeride and the Overall Experience with the Resort.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

you do realize the lists on the transworld website are from the readers poll. those are the opinions of everyday boarders from around the country.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:35 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

MAMMOTH!!!! The size alone, amazing+ the amount of varried terrain, park to the steeps and back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:46 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Mammoth is always my favorite because I know the hill so well, but my next four in order are:

2. Mt. Bachelor- The natural terrain is SPECTACULAR! There are more hips with great landings on that hill than any other hill I have ever seen. Their cornice is a adult size as any also. It's a volcano with trails nearly 360 degrees, so you can follow the sun really well.

3. Squaw- You cannot get bored at Squaw. It's so big and there is different types of terrain everywhere.

4. Kirkwood- Big, gnarly, scary, secluded, just a badass place to go as big as you can handle.

5. Snowbird- Lots of terrain, good snow, weird crowd, cool tram.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:13 pm 
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Grizzly Barfly wrote:
Mammoth is always my favorite because I know the hill so well, but my next four in order are:

2. Mt. Bachelor- The natural terrain is SPECTACULAR! There are more hips with great landings on that hill than any other hill I have ever seen. Their cornice is a adult size as any also. It's a volcano with trails nearly 360 degrees, so you can follow the sun really well.

3. Squaw- You cannot get bored at Squaw. It's so big and there is different types of terrain everywhere.

4. Kirkwood- Big, gnarly, scary, secluded, just a badass place to go as big as you can handle.

5. Snowbird- Lots of terrain, good snow, weird crowd, cool tram.

squaw n kirkwwod big????????????????????? man o man i wonder what you would think of resorts in the alps,,,, like hmmm verbier or zermatt or the cham valley......... wait arent you the snowboarder that said he can beat me down the hill?? hahaaaaaaaaa classic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:15 pm 
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

^^^^ That's funny.Why did you change from Imtheman? Oh, that's right, you got banned..... And, I'm pretty sure that Zermatt, Verbier and Cham are not in the US. You must be double jointed at the waist......

Actually been to a few of those places along with Cortina, Bansko, and a number of big joints. I never once said that they aren't ultra impressive.

Actually, we have lived in Mammoth at the same time, and I would bet that we know each other.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm 
Sesame street
Sesame street

KIRKWOOD is number 1. But, it is the only mountain I have been too. Will hopefully be working at mammoth this winter. Kirkwood is definitely what they say it is RARE EARTH. I'm still way excited to explore Mammoth.